DataCore is a profitable, global software company with a broad base of customers serving the large and fast-growing software-defined storage (SDS) market. DataCore pioneered the SDS market which abstracts away complexity from the underlying heterogeneous infrastructure, extends the value of assets by improving performance, and eliminates downtime.
The DataCore ONETM vision, established by the new executive team, will for the first time in the industry unify the disparate storage industry across block, file, and object storage with a single solution. DataCore has launched three strategic initiatives to achieve its vision.
- DataCore Insight Services – a cloud-based SaaS offering using AI and ML to deliver data services to hybrid cloud customers from a single data management plane.
- File Storage – the company has the broadest range of data services and is enhancing this leadership through a new release of DataCore vFilo, the industry’s leading secondary storage solution. This addition increases the TAM of the company by 3x.
- Object Storage – DataCore’s recent acquisition of Caringo, a pioneer in the object storage market, and their flagship product, Swarm, provides a foundation for hyperscale data storage, access, and analysis at petabyte scale, while guaranteeing data integrity and eliminating hardware dependencies.
DataCore’s products are in use by over 10,000 customers around the world, including life-critical deployments at hospitals, manufacturing, airports, cloud service providers, media, government, and many other industries where they improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability. Experts unanimously regard DataCore’s products as vastly superior to competing solutions. The products come with world class support having won seven straight prestigious Stevie Awards for superior customer support and boasting a 71% NPS vs the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a new, state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a new technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
Software Test Engineer
As a Software Test Engineer at DataCore, you’ll play a critical role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our world class enterprise products. You will be embedded on an agile development team, working side by side with the team’s developers to execute manual and automated tests and track quality assurance metrics to ensure product quality!
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in testing activities across the sub‐disciplines of software and systems engineering, including requirement development, product design, software estimation, software design, software construction (coding), software test, software performance measurement, software product information creation and performing software maintenance
- Analyses and understands each project’s environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and cases relative to applications being tested
- Has knowledge of setting up test environments
- Works as an embedded tester within the agile development test to define testing strategies for feature development
- Works with product and development to define use cases and acceptance testing criteria
- Develops, executes, and maintains component, integration, regression, performance, stability, and scalability tests
- Identifies product issues, writes detailed bug reports, and tracks project quality metrics
- Uses appropriate quality control tools to uncover defects and discover the state of the code; analyses and records testing results and defects
- Assists developers in reproducing problems and getting them resolved; participates in design activity with other programmers on technical aspects relating to testing, including functional specifications, design parameters, feature enhancements, and alternative solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred
- Knowledge / experience with white‐box and black‐box testing methodologies
- Knowledge / experience in functional, system, performance, and integration testing
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with setup and configuration of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong sense of customer empathy acting as catalyst and champion for quality
- Ability to prioritize defects and determine risk based on objective, metrics-based data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with products in Storage and related domain will be a strong plus (5+ years)
- Knowledge of Storage related concepts (mirroring, encryption, snapshots, replication, etc.)
- Good general working knowledge of the SCSI specification and common transports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.