WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). Are you passionate about quality? Do you love the creative challenge that comes with finding ways to break things? As a Software Development Engineer in Test at DataCore, you play a critical role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our world class enterprise products. You’ll be embedded on an agile development team, working side by side with the team’s developers, where you will test and write code using your knowledge of testing, architecture and design.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work as an embedded tester within the agile development test to define testing strategies for feature development.
- Work with product and development to define use cases and acceptance testing criteria
- Set unit test strategy and guidelines for development team
- Develop, execute and maintain integration, journey, regression, contract tests, performance, stability, and scalability tests.
- Create and Maintain CI Automation test framework
Essential skills and experience required:
- Experience with white‐box and black‐box testing methodologies.
- Experience with development pipelines (Concourse, TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks (Selenium, Protractor, JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.)
- Scripting experience (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Strong sense of customer empathy acting as catalyst and champion for quality
- Ability to prioritize defects and determine risk based on objective, metrics based data.
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer science or engineering related field.