ABOUT DATACORE SOFTWARE
Our vision is to improve the performance and possibility of every business with real-time data. DataCore bridges the gap between the enterprise’s need to achieve real-time business and to leverage current and future IT assets to maximize resource utilization. We pioneered software-defined storage. Our patented technology overcomes I/O bottlenecks, delivering dramatic performance improvements, and delivers high availability in a very simple and cost-effective way. Over 10,000 deployments have the advantage of using DataCore.
- Faster workloads: Up to 5X increase in performance
- High availability: up to 100% reduction in storage-related downtime
- Lower TCO: up to 25% reduction in storage investment
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Senior Software Architect to help lead the delivery of DataCore‘s software solutions that supports organization‘s strategy and vision, ensuring alignment between the technical solutions and the business needs. They will set the strategic direction and define the principles that shape our software development and technology adoption practices here at DataCore. As a leader in the development organization this person will be responsible building a culture that balances innovation and pragamatic execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Define architectural patterns for systems spanning the DataCore Software products and services portfolio
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate market opportunities into technical solutions
- Collaborate with the CTO office and engineering leadership to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical direction
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and vendor solutions
- Implement POCs and pair with technical leads on implementation
- Align architectural strategy with current and future business needs.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, governance, design patterns, and practices
- Evangelize the value proposition of the DataCore Software stack to broad technical and business audiences.
Essential skills and experience requred:
- 10+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in enterprise class software development
- Solid understanding of security, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Expertise with microservice architectures, containerization, and orchestration patterns.
- Familiarity with data pipelines and the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop, Mongo, Redshift, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Deep understand of block, file, and object storage solutions
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization and networking)
- Ability to work across multiple technology stacks (.NET, C, C++, Python, etc.) and delivery models (SaaS, Hybrid Cloud, On Premise, etc.)
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical problems, options, and solutions to a broad set of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills