DataCore is a profitable, global software company with a broad base of customers serving the large and fast-growing software-defined storage (SDS) market. DataCore pioneered the SDS market which abstracts away complexity from the underlying heterogeneous infrastructure, extends the value of assets by improving performance, and eliminates downtime.
The DataCore ONETM vision, established by the new executive team, will for the first time in the industry unify the disparate storage industry across block, file, and object storage with a single solution. DataCore has launched three strategic initiatives to achieve its vision.
- DataCore Insight Services – a cloud-based SaaS offering using AI and ML to deliver data services to hybrid cloud customers from a single data management plane.
- File Storage – the company has the broadest range of data services and is enhancing this leadership through a new release of DataCore vFilo, the industry’s leading secondary storage solution. This addition increases the TAM of the company by 3x.
- Object Storage – DataCore’s recent acquisition of Caringo, a pioneer in the object storage market, and their flagship product, Swarm, provides a foundation for hyperscale data storage, access, and analysis at petabyte scale, while guaranteeing data integrity and eliminating hardware dependencies.
DataCore’s products are in use by over 10,000 customers around the world, including life-critical deployments at hospitals, manufacturing, airports, cloud service providers, media, government, and many other industries where they improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability. Experts unanimously regard DataCore’s products as vastly superior to competing solutions. The products come with world class support having won seven straight prestigious Stevie Awards for superior customer support and boasting a 71% NPS vs the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a new, state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a new technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
Sr. Technical Customer Engineer
As a member of the World Class Customer Engineering team, which has won the prestigious Stevie Award for seven consecutive years, this position helps drive customer satisfaction and supports DataCore‘s software solutions, ensuring alignment between the technical solutions and the business needs. This team member will be part of a culture that inspires technical experimentation and empowers our teams to make sound technical and architectural decisions. The successful team member will be part of the front facing team from DataCore and be able to gracefully balance schedule needs with creative imperatives, pushing for quality and innovation.
We operate in agile development environments and are transforming Customer Engineering to embrace agility. You will have an opportunity to make a difference and grow your skills and experience.
Provides the following services to partners and end-user customers primarily from the office but also at the customer’s site whenever necessary:
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic support
- Problem resolutions
- Product installations
- Product familiarization training
- Provides L1/2 technical support through E-mail, Telephone, Chat, and Incident Tracking Database
- Keeps Incident Tracking Database up to date with communications and recommendations in a professional manner
- Remains current on all DataCore products and sub-products
- Performs testing on engineering releases and determines suitability for customer shipment and problem resolution
- Works closely with the Product Development Team to provide input on open issues
- Works with customers on both short and long-term issues, including those at the engineering level
- Notifies affected customers and distributes permanent solutions when they become available
- Learns and displays how products would add value to the business
- Evangelizes the value proposition of the DataCore Software stack to broad audiences
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Windows 2019, 2016, and UNIX or other operating systems
- Familiarity with IT practices in a data center
- Networking experience (LAN, WAN, VLAN, DNS, QOS, etc.)
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Excellent customer service and communication and interpersonal skills both orally and written
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Apart from core office hours, he/she shares in an on-call rotation for support coverage which includes weekends and holidays
- 3-5 years industry experience (Windows/Networking/Storage)
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
- TCP/IP and Networking
- Storage concepts and infrastructure
- NAS concepts and infrastructure
- Database principle, query building
- Familiarity with monitoring protocols
- Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Virtual infrastructure
- Remote authentication methodology and data collection on remote systems
- SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
- Desired experienc with:
- Integration experience
- Familiarity with Storage Industry
- Familiarity with Server Virtualization products
- Application experience (Exchange, SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Scripting (PowerShell, PHP, etc.)
- Microsoft certification preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.