Staff Software Development Engineer – SANsymphony
We are looking for a Senior/Staff Software Development Engineer as a key architect/leader in developing storage software solutions involving Windows Systems, Windows Kernel and Device Drivers. This engineer would play a key role in supporting the organization’s strategy and vision, ensuring alignment between the technical solutions and the business needs. He or she also plays a key role in every part of the software development lifecycle, working with our team to produce high quality, high performing systems that meet our stakeholders’ needs.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Able to complete a complex software lifecycle: scope, design, code, test and document.
- Create and review critical pieces of documentation, like whitepapers, every release.
- Lead a team of software developers for complete software life cycle execution.
- Architect the storage software solutions with highest industry standards and best practices.
- Develop Technology Components that would integrate with larger SDS (Software Defined Storage) platform and product.
- Participate in requirement analysis and definition.
- Follow established software development guidelines and procedures.
- Work with and contribute in a dynamic, distributed team environment.
- Grow and mentor new team members.
Essential skills and experience required:
- 12+ years of development experience.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or related engineering.
- Design and development of Windows drivers and kernel level programming.
- Extensive programming skills in C/C++/C# in Windows environment.
- Good understanding of Windows internals, including multithreaded development concepts.
- Vast experience in crash dump analysis and kernel mode debugging using WinDbg.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with developers, testers and other stakeholders across different geos.
- Great passion for learning with a can-do attitude.
- Strong understanding of unit testing principles.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge / Hands on experience of modern DevOps practices for CI/CD.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience building block storage solutions will be a strong plus.
- Knowledge of storage related concepts like mirroring, encryption, snapshots, replication, etc.
- Good general working knowledge of the iSCSI specification and common transports.
- Some exposure to object storage solutions will be a plus.
- Exposure to development with VMware ecosystem will be a plus.