About DataCore Software
DataCore Software is a profitable, global software company that helps more than 10,000 customers worldwide modernize how they store, protect, and access data. The company delivers the industry’s most flexible, intelligent, and powerful software-defined storage (SDS) solutions.
The DataCore ONE™ vision unifies the often-disparate storage industry across block, file, object, and container-attached storage with a single solution. DataCore’s comprehensive product suite, intellectual property portfolio, and its unrivaled experience in storage virtualization and advanced data services, position it as the authority on software-defined storage. Organizations ranging from hospitals and health systems, media and entertainment providers, educational institutions, government agencies and more trust DataCore’s solutions to improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability.
DataCore’s world-class customer service and support been recognized with several prestigious awards and boasts a 71% net promotor score (NPS), far surpassing the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
Director – Technology Alliances
DataCore is looking for an experienced professional to lead our Strategic Technology Alliances
globally across core, edge, and cloud solutions. We are looking for an individual contributor to manage a broad range of technology partner relationships, including global industry leaders and emerging companies.
Reporting directly to the VP Product Management and Product Marketing, the Director – Strategic Technology Alliances will be responsible for the strategy, planning, execution, and business results of an ecosystem of companies that work with DataCore to drive business value – while working in a collaborative and fast-paced, high-energy, and value-driven environment. This position requires an experienced professional with exemplary communications skills, the ability to think outside the box, and outstanding leadership presence.
- Work closely with Product management and marketing to evaluate current and future alliance opportunities, build business cases, prioritize opportunities, and build a plan of action
- Build close personal relationships with key alliance partners based on trust and joint success goals; Manage ongoing communications, quarterly reviews, and ongoing updates; Become the evangelist for DataCore inside strategic technology alliance partner organizations
- Identify joint usage scenarios and solutions and create joint business plans, definition of joint GTM activities, sales enablement, and technical aspects of relationships
- Coordinate with sales, product, channel, and marketing teams to ensure execution, track progress, and remove obstacles to success
- Work closely with product management and engineering to implement required changes, integrations, and certifications to validate solutions work together
- Communicates status, results, and challenges to leadership. Measure success and propose investments
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, evangelism, and leadership presence
- Expert knowledge in key vertical markets, data protection, active archive, media and entertainment, managed service providers, hybrid cloud, and Dev-ops
- Technical proficiency in core, edge and cloud infrastructure, containers/Kubernetes, storage, and software – technology, vendor landscape, trends, and use cases
- Ability and comfort to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment where ambiguity is the norm, and to work with stakeholders at all levels of a company and have strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to think strategically but dive into details when needed
- Success working with geographically distributed teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 12 to 15 years proven experience building and driving technology alliances for a software company, preferably in the IT infrastructure space
- Experience developing business cases, developing partnerships, and coordinating cross-functional teams to execute successfully resulting in business growth
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, talk, and hear.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.