Storage Domain Automation – Senior Software Development Engineer in Test 1
As a member of the R&D team, the Senior Software Development Engineer in Test 1 is an experienced test engineer who designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates software test plans and test automation frameworks used to test Storage Domain based products and optimize complex software applications, resolving issues in innovative and practical ways.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop automated tests and reliable, repeatable test suites to cut down manual work load
- Work as an embedded tester within the agile development test to define testing strategies for feature development.
- Work with cross geographical development teams to define use cases and acceptance testing criteria.
- Develop, execute and maintain component, integration, regression, performance, stability and scalability tests.
- Identify product issues, write detailed bug reports and track project quality metrics.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science.
- 4-5 years’ of Testing and Automation experience with products in Storage domain only, with a minimum of 2 years Automation experience.
- Hands on experience in using any one of the programming languages (for ex: PowerShell ,Python, etc.) for Automation development. Knowledge of using Powershell for programming is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Storage domain related concepts (mirroring, encryption, snapshots, replication, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with white‐box and black‐box testing methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in functional, system, performance, and integration testing.
- Good at setting up and configuring Windows or Linux Operating systems.
- Experience with development pipelines (Concourse, TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience in Benchmarking tools such as IOmeter or equivalent.
- Strong sense of customer empathy and champion for quality.