ABOUT DATACORE SOFTWARE
Our vision is to improve the performance and possibility of every business with real-time data. DataCore bridges the gap between the enterprise’s need to achieve real-time business and to leverage current and future IT assets to maximize resource utilization. We pioneered software-defined storage. Our patented technology overcomes I/O bottlenecks, delivering dramatic performance improvements, and delivers high availability in a very simple and cost-effective way. Over 10,000 deployments have the advantage of using DataCore.
- Faster workloads: Up to 5X increase in performance
- High availability: up to 100% reduction in storage-related downtime
- Lower TCO: up to 25% reduction in storage investment
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This position in partnership with sales is responsible for generating sales revenue through pre-sales activities and understanding customer technical requirements.
Main pre-sales activities include technical product positioning, on-site product evaluations, product presentations and recommendation of system configurations in response to prospective customer requirements. Other activities include configuration and RFI/RFP responses and performing demonstrations at customer or partner meetings and webinars.
Role is typically home based with attendance onsite and at our Reading office as required (customer, partner or internal meetings, access to demo lab etc.). Reporting line is to the Regional Sales Director with a dotted line to the Senior System Architect, EMEA.
This position requires a minimum of 5 year’s systems engineering and pre- and /or post-sales experience in the storage software or storage hardware industry. This role will be required to travel typically 4 days per week with 1 or 2 nights away from home as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
In this role, the successful candidate shall perform especially the following tasks in the assigned territory:
- Product presentation and demonstration at customer and partner meetings
- Understand customer requirements and determine recommended system architecture (in conjunction with a partner as required)
- Understand and position the advantages and benefits of DataCore products vs. competitors
- Provide evaluations and design and manage proof-of-concepts for customers and partners, ensuring clearly defined sales outcomes and timelines
- Assist channel partners in designing DataCore solutions to meet their prospective customer requirements
- Provide technical liaison for prospective customers and partners
- Preparation of written responses to customer RFIs and RFPs as determined by sales
- Provide feedback to DataCore customer support and product development regarding technical issues and potential product enhancements
- Ensure competency of channel and end-user technical resources with respect to installation and configuration of the DataCore products
- Ensure ongoing technical competency or DataCore sales personnel
- Proactively support the DCIE (DataCore Implementation Engineer) and DCSA (DataCore System Architect) communities
- Skill-up and deliver DCSA training to channel partners and end-users as required
- Regularly update and train channel partners on latest release details of DataCore products and assess quality of work being undertaken
- Ensure timely and successful post-sale implementation of the DataCore products into both direct and channel customers
- Deliver billable professional services (typically installation, migration) as required by sales management
- Visit existing customers on a regular basis, develop and maintain relationships with technical contacts, scheduling visits around pre-sales demands e.g. when in a particular geography / area or quiet period
- Provide feedback to sales on any customer problems or requirements
- Contribute technical articles to online platforms e.g. blogs and LinkedIn groups
- Develop product and solution demonstrations
- Maintain technical expertise via training and certification with complementary products (VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, etc.)
Essential skills and experience required:
- Bachelor degree / HND in a technical discipline (computer science, electrical engineering etc.) or similar education preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in solution, consultative or challenger pre-selling; prior experience pre-selling complex infrastructure solutions at the enterprise level highly desirable
- Industry expertise required, experience with storage software and hardware solutions a must (either from a vendor or channel perspective)
- Proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic, both self-motivated and accountable
- with ability to work autonomously and on their own initiative
- Team player, with proven ability to work effectively with sales and cross functional teams
- Excellent written, communication and analytical skills
- Be open and transparent with team members and colleagues – over-communicate!
- Be professional at all times, follow up on agreed actions and communicate progress or otherwise with team members
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with the proven ability to manage multiple projects and juggle competing priorities and deadlines, must be a positive contributor under pressure
- Technical accreditations e.g. MSFT, VMWare, Citrix desirable
- Willingness to travel and live away from home as required
- Current or previous Security Clearance (SC) desirable
HOW TO APPLY?
Kindly forward your CV and supportive application documents (cover letter, certificates, etc.) to our recruitment team :