Install a sandbox environment to experience the capabilities of our products:
- DataCore™ SANsymphony™ Software-Defined Storage
- DataCore™ Hyperconverged Virtual SAN
Use this installer to provision highly available virtual disks from redundant DataCore nodes using familiar tools on your Windows Server or Linux server.
Figure 1 – Trial configuration
The self-contained trial package deploys four virtual machines on your virtualization host (see Figure 1):
- 2 DataCore VMs (hvsan1 & hvsan2) operating as hyperconverged (HCI) nodes serving capacity to:
- 1 Windows host VM (winclient) connected via iSCSI
- 1 Linux host VM (linuxclient) connected via iSCSI
- Data replicated between the DataCore nodes using synchronous mirroring for high availability
- LAN connections between nodes for centralized management
- Virtualization host: VMware vSphere ESXi or Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V
- Memory: Minimum of 12 GB of free RAM
- Storage: Minimum of 170 GB of free disk space
- Network: Internet access to download the VM templates
- PC or VM supporting VMware PowerCLI or Windows PowerShell with network access to the virtualization host where the trial configuration will be deployed. The installation/configuration script is launched from this machine.