SANsymphony-V for Microsoft Exchange Server
Modern organizations rely on email as a mission-critical communication platform that serves every employee in the corporation. With high volumes of email transactions, large amounts of attachment data, combined with the expected 100% uptime and availability, special demands are put on the underlying storage architecture.
DataCore SANsymphony-V works with Microsoft® Exchange Server to meet these exceptional demands while simplifying the storage architecture and augmenting the mail servers’ resiliency and disaster recovery capabilities.
By deploying DataCore SANsymphony-V as the storage backend to Microsoft Exchange Server a number of capabilities are put to use:
Benefits of DataCore and Microsoft Exchange Server
DataCore’s intelligent storage hypervisor software brings a number of benefits to Microsoft Exchange Server that serve to increase performance, lower cost and to simplify the storage architecture.
Key benefits include:
- Increased performance – whether direct attached or offloaded in a SAN, the hypervisor utilizes advanced caching to provide highest possible storage throughput.
- Lower storage costs – storage auto-tiering enables the combination of high performance flash and SSD to work seamlessly with large capacity, low cost storage, achieving the same or better performance.
- Simplified storage architecture — the design of the storage architecture I/O and capacity requirements is reduced; since the storage hypervisor monitors I/O requirements in real time and takes appropriate action, the architecture is less prone to bottlenecks and is not as sensitive to miscalculations or changing requirements under production load.
- Enhanced mailbox resiliency — whether the Exchange installation uses standalone mailbox servers or mailbox servers configured for mailbox resiliency, DataCore SANsymphony-V works seamlessly in the background to provide high-availability of the storage backend.
- Migration and legacy support – add storage resiliency, high availability and disaster recovery to legacy installations (Exchange 2000 Server, Exchange Server 2003, and Exchange Server 2007), removing storage as a single point of failure. Also provide a unified storage management platform that eases migration to Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2013.
- Shared resource architecture — virtualized storage allows for standardized approaches that ease the burden of planning and managing the Exchange Server storage infrastructure separately.
- Automate common, time-consuming Exchange tasks such as volume provisioning and recovery with PowerShell scripting
Compelling Performance for Exchange
Microsoft Exchange and SQL database workloads show nearly a 5x
improvement. The physical server with internal disks was able to support 322 heavy users, while the DataCore virtualized system showed the ability to support more than 1,500 users.
DataCore and Microsoft Exchange Server Case Studies
Total Wine & More
Download Case Study
"The performance issues associated with having 1,000 users hit a database as opposed to 200 are significantly different" explains Todd Slan, director of technology, Total Wine. We had to have a solution that enabled us to crank up the performance of those databases. DataCore virtualization has delivered for us on the performance front as well."
Ports of Auckland
Download Case Study
“We’ve been able to support far more virtual machines and far more I/O requests than the IT team had originally expected” - Craig Beetlestone, lead systems engineer at Ports of Auckland. The company’s Microsoft Exchange email system is mission-critical, it carries the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) communications, instructions from shipping lines and other customers, and other time-sensitive information required for port operations. Ports of Auckland, New Zealand’s leading port and cargo logistics company is also a heavy user of Microsoft SQL Analysis Services and SQL Reporting Services for business analysis and Microsoft SharePoint for collaboration.
SANsymphony-V and Microsoft Exchange Server Resources
ESG Lab Validation Report: SANsymphony-V
This ESG Lab Validation documents the results of hands on testing of DataCore SANsymphony-V R8 Storage Virtualization Software. The goal was assessing the value of infrastructure-wide storage virtualization including centralized management, ease of use, capacity efficiency, data mobility, and performance.
How to Get Started
Click on one of the option below to get started with SANsymphony-V for Microsoft Exchange Sever.
Contact Us Try Now Buy Now