The dramatic increase in digital media consumption has driven demand for a colossal amount of video content creation – from direct-to-consumer programming and live stream broadcasts to video-on-demand catalogs on over-the-top (OTT) platforms. Video file sizes are also growing to keep pace with consumer demand for a high-definition visual experience from 4K to 8K to VR (Virtual Reality). Storage and safekeeping of all these video files is an operational challenge faced by many media and entertainment (M&E) organizations.
NEP The Netherlands
We chose Swarm because it was the most flexible platform for us and had good per-terabyte licensing. We started with 100 TBs and now have over 1.25 PBs across 200 nodes from different hardware vendors. Swarm is a key component to deliver that high-end quality service that NEP has always aimed for.
We could just plug a new node in and it would boot itself up automatically. There was no prep work. We had no OS installs. We could migrate disk groups between nodes and Swarm would decide if the disk was part of the node or not and move it around to the correct node.
Open Systems International Inc.
DataCore has made managing storage simple and extremely easy. Achieve 100% uptime, utilizing dual nodes.
Preserve and Archive Digital Media While Enabling Immediate Reuse
Broadcasters, streaming services, studios, and production houses all have rapidly growing libraries of back catalog content. This includes produced videos, raw footage, editorial cuts, and promotional assets. All of this content needs to be protected and preserved but still remain searchable and accessible for reuse and repurposing.
With DataCore SDS solutions M&E organizations can keep content on high-performance SAN or NAS while it is being processed and then offload it to more economical object storage once complete for the maximum return-on-storage investments.
- Protect data in secure object storage platform within your data center
- Easily share access with users wherever they are via S3/HTTP, NFS, and SMB protocols
- Leverage smart search and analytics to retrieve data from archive
- Seamlessly scale as needed from TB to EB
- Use smart data migration automation to move data from NAS to object storage, and back when needed
- Store multiple copies of data in remote sites for disaster recovery
Deliver an Unmatched Media & Entertainment Experience
DataCore SDS solutions for block, file, and object storage enable seamless access to data anywhere, anytime and ensure continuous business operations. Get ahead of unexpected outages and hardware failures and create a resilient data storage infrastructure for digital video workloads and media workflow management.
Ensure high availability of data to meet business demand, customer SLAs, and compliance regulations.
Increase data durability and storage resiliency to deal with outages due to any type of disruption (from hardware failure to disasters).
Safeguard your media files with a combination of proven data protection schemes.
- Block & File Storage: Sync mirroring and async replication
- Object Storage: Sync mirroring, async replication, and erasure coding
Always get access to data from the right storage at the right time. Flexible access methods ensure seamless collaboration and flexible delivery.
- Block Storage: Fiber Channel, iSCSI
- File Storage: NFS, SMB
- Object Storage: S3/HTTP, NFS, SMB
For high-performance SAN and hyperconverged infrastructures
- Increase responsiveness of storage supporting high-throughput media processing workloads (for transcoding, rendering, video editing, etc.)
- Ensure business continuity and uninterrupted execution of digital media workflows
Global file system for collaboration across distributed NAS/filers
- Create a consolidated and shared file system for media content
- Simplify file sharing and collaboration across distributed NAS devices and sites
- Automatically migrate assets to the storage tier that best fits the need
For scalable data access, delivery, and archive
- Store and protect media content on S3-accessible object storage
- Get on-demand access to digital assets from active archive
- Ideal for origin storage, long-tail delivery, enabling OTT services, and storage target for media asset management solutions