Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
- Personal Data We Collect:
- How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
- Personal Data We Share
- Marketing Communciations
- Access and Correction
- Links to Other Websites
- Data Transfers
- Security: How We Protect Personal Data
- Children’s Privacy
- How to Contact Us
Personal Data We Collect
We may obtain personal data about you from various sources, whether online through the Website or offline.
(A) Personal Data We Collect Online
We will process personal data which you provide to us, including if you decide to engage in certain activities on the Website, such as ordering or registering products or services, downloading software, registering for events, marketing or promotional activities, accessing certain sections of the Website, white papers and other materials, subscribing to newsletters or press distribution lists, participating in online surveys, webinars, discussion groups, forums or live chats, or entering contests.
The personal data we collect online about you may include:
- Your contact details (such as your name, address, phone number and email address);
- Your title;
- Your company;
- Your job title; and
- Other applicable details that you may submit to us.
(B) Certain Personal Data We May Collect Offline
In addition to the personal data described above, we also may collect personal data provided to us offline in a variety of ways.
For instance, we may collect contact details of prospective customers or other persons at events such as trade shows (e.g., by collecting their business cards).
We may also collect information from customers (“Customers“) in connection with rendering support, consulting and professional services to them (“Services“). Such information (collectively “Customer Data“), may include personal data about individuals within the Customer’s organization (e.g., a Customer’s contact details). However, to the extent the information stored by Customers contains personal data of third party individuals, we may also be exposed to, and process, such personal data. We use Customer Data solely as described below.
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
(A) Personal Data Collected Online
We may use the personal data we obtain through the Website to record and support your participation in the activities you select, and administer your relationship with us. For instance, we may use such personal data to:
- Provide products or services you request;
- Register your license and rights, if any, to technical support, upgrade discounts, or other benefits that may be made available to registered users;
- Contact you regarding the contest that you decide to enter or prize awards;
- Support your recruitment inquiry;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Meet our contractual obligations towards you;
- Enable you to participate in marketing or promotional programs;
- Contact you and make you aware of other products, information and services that we believe may be of interest to you, subject to your ability to unsubscribe as described below;
- Process and maintain a record of your transactions;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of the Website;
- Protect against and prevent fraud or violations of our terms of sale; and/or
- Comply with applicable legal requirements.
We also may process the personal data we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In addition, subject to your ability to object as described below, we may use personal data collected on the Website to build user profiles. In particular, if you decide to fill out a web form or click on a traceable link, we may associate your browsing activity on the Website with your profile, which can include your name, email address and company name. We may use such profiles for various purposes, including advertising, market research, sales, and Website design. If you wish that your personal data is not used in such a manner, please send an email to email@example.com.
(B) Personal Data Collected Offline
We use personal data collected offline in accordance with the following principles:
- We use personal data collected from a Customer for no other purpose but providing the Services to such Customer. We may also use anonymous data, such as any technical information or feedback regarding its products and related issues obtained from Customers in connection with the performance of Services, for our internal business purposes, including for the purpose of updating, modifying, enhancing and/or marketing and selling our products or services.
- We may, within or (subject to obtaining consent or ensuring adequate protection as set out below) across national boundaries, share personal data with authorized contractors. However, we will only provide contractors with the minimum amount of personal data necessary to provide the Services on DataCore’s behalf.
- DataCore’s contractors are not permitted to use personal data except for the limited purpose of completing the requested Services and we have taken steps to ensure that each contractor shall ensure your personal data is kept secure.
In relation to other personal data collected offline, we may use such personal data for those purposes (as applicable) for which we may use personal data collected online and for all other lawful purposes.
Personal Data We Share
We may share personal data within or across national boundaries with our affiliates, distributors, resellers and other trusted business affiliates, who may use that data for purposes including sending you relevant marketing and other communications regarding our products and services. We may also share your personal data with vendors and third party service providers who assist us with the operation of the Website, as well as our sales and services. We will always take appropriate steps to ensure that any third party with which we share your personal data will keep your personal data secure. We will only transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area where we have received your consent to do so or where there are adequate measures in place to ensure your personal data is kept secure at all times.
We may disclose personal data when required by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to conform to applicable law, comply with legal process served on DataCore, or to protect the property or interests of DataCore, its agents and employees, personal safety, or the public. Under such circumstances we may be prohibited by law, court order or other legal process from providing notice of the disclosure and we reserve the right to not provide such notice in our sole discretion.
As our business evolves, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including personal data in connection with a merger, reorganization, or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such an event, the information collected about you, whether personal data or anonymous data, may be one of the assets transferred.
Customer Data that Does Not Constitute Personal Data
Although most Customers and partners appreciate receiving notices from us, we appreciate the importance of providing you with choices. You may request to “Unsubscribe” at any time after receiving a marketing communication from us. All marketing communications that you receive from DataCore will instruct you how to decline further marketing communications from us.
When you visit the Website we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies (“cookies”). Cookies are text files that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to assign each visitor a unique, randomly generated number that resides on the visitor’s computer. Cookies and similar technologies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use the following cookies on our Website:
DataCore is committed to ensuring the privacy standards outlined in GDPR. If you’d like to change your status in our databases, submit a GDPR request.
How to Contact Us
Effective: Oct 10, 2016
Updated: Jan 19, 2017