ABOUT DATACORE SOFTWARE
DataCore is a profitable, global software company with a broad base of customers serving the large and fast-growing software-defined storage (SDS) market. DataCore pioneered the SDS market which abstracts away complexity from the underlying heterogeneous infrastructure, extends the value of assets by improving performance, and eliminates downtime.
The DataCore ONETM vision, established by the new executive team, will for the first time in the industry unify the disparate storage industry across block, file, and object storage with a single solution. DataCore has launched three strategic initiatives to achieve its vision.
- DataCore Insight Services – a cloud-based SaaS offering using AI and ML to deliver data services to hybrid cloud customers from a single data management plane.
- File Storage – the company has the broadest range of data services and is enhancing this leadership through a new release of DataCore vFilo, the industry’s leading secondary storage solution. This addition increases the TAM of the company by 3x.
- Object Storage – DataCore’s recent acquisition of Caringo, a pioneer in the object storage market, and their flagship product, Swarm, provides a foundation for hyperscale data storage, access, and analysis at petabyte scale, while guaranteeing data integrity and eliminating hardware dependencies.
DataCore’s products are in use by over 10,000 customers around the world, including life-critical deployments at hospitals, manufacturing, airports, cloud service providers, media, government, and many other industries where they improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability. Experts unanimously regard DataCore’s products as vastly superior to competing solutions. The products come with world class support having won seven straight prestigious Stevie Awards for superior customer support and boasting a 71% NPS vs the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a new, state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a new technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
DataCore is looking for a Platform Engineer to help build and maintain embedded Swarm storage appliances. This role requires deep understanding of the Linux platform, ability to integrate tools and APIs to manage networks and containers, and ability to build and maintain a REST-based API for internal and external customers to integrate with.
A qualified candidate will be able to work with Linux environments from the command line as well as configure Linux environments using packaging tools. Additionally, they will be able to design, build and use REST APIs using appropriate programming languages, and integrate the APIs into platform and application libraries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
The Senior Platform Development Engineer will act as a strategic and productive member to our organization and management through hands-on development of core components of DataCore Swarm platform. Team members work in a fast-paced environment delivering both tactical and strategic technology solutions.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and integrate products on Linux platforms including packaging with aptitude, yum, etc.
- Working with file systems, disk partitioning, and volume management
- Design platform networking experience (DNS, DHCP, PXE, routing, bonding)
- Develop automation and orchestration with tools such as Ansible and podman
- Web/HTTP development in Python (preferred), Java, or C++
- Work with support to diagnose failures at customer sites and to develop knowledge base articles
- Work with the documentation team to ensure a favorable customer experience
Essential skills and experience required:
- Linux platform experience (Debian, Redhat/CentOS, or Ubuntu), including packaging with aptitude, yum, etc.
- Experience with bash scripting and using Linux console commands and utilities
- Experience in deploying containerized applications using podman or similar
- Understanding of file systems, disk partitioning, and volume management including via containers
- Extensive networking experience, including DNS, DHCP, PXE booting, bonding modes and routing
- Web/HTTP development experience in Java, Python, or C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- RESTful interfaces (as a client or developer), especially building REST APIs for UI/UX consumption
- Web Frameworks (NodeJS, Flask, Twisted, etc.)
- Data manipulation with Python, Java, C++, including:
- Summarizing, aggregating, filtering, etc.
- Ability to work with data structures (Key/Value, Hash Tables, Time series data, etc.)
- Use of tools like etcd, RRD, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Linux Containers (Docker, LXC, OpenVZ, CoreOS, etc.)
- Orchestration frameworks (Ansible, SaltStack, Fleet, etc.)
- Cloud Deployment/Management (AWS, OpenStack, Azure, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.