Staff Software Development Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior/ Staff Software Development Engineer to join the team that evolves our core Swarm cloud storage infrastructure. The challenge is providing scalable performance, eventual consistency, and absolute data integrity, from the primitive and sometimes erratic behavior of disks and sockets, within the constraints of an embedded, fully symmetric, distributed system. Our product routinely serves applications with billions of objects and many petabytes of data, and our plan is to stay ahead of the largest future demands. Python and C++ are the primary languages. Experience with development in a Unix environment utilizing open source and 3rd party tools and packages is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
The Development Engineer will act as a strategic and productive member of our organization through architecture, design and hands-on development of core components of DataCore Swarm platform. Team members work in a fast-paced environment delivering both tactical and strategic technology solutions.
- Envision and create solutions that meet the requirements of the business.
- Provide technical know-how in the creation of a flexible and sustainable process to provide highly scalable persistent storage solutions.
- Lead a team of software developers for complete software life cycle execution.
- Architect the storage software solutions with highest industry standards and best practices.
- Strong problem solver that detects and solves issues effectively.
- Able to coordinate and work with stakeholders spread across the world in multiple time zones (mainly in the US).
Essential skills and experience required:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in storage or object storage domain.
- Languages: Python, C and object-oriented languages such as C#/.NET, Java, C++.
- Operating environments: Linux/Unix, especially Debian, Windows.
- Cloud native application development, especially with Microsoft Azure.
- HTTP and other standard Internet protocols.
- Linux embedded system experience, especially related to performance, the disk subsystem, or kernel driver selection and configuration.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with block storage (SAN, FC, ISCSI) will be a plus.