International Accounting Manager:
As a member of the Finance team, the International Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to consolidations, financial reporting, technical accounting compliance, and international statutory compliance. This position involves tight deadlines and a variety of accounting activities including multi-national, multi-currency consolidations, financial reporting, year-end audit support and review of statutory and international tax reporting. In addition, the individual will work with the Corporate Controller on technical accounting considerations both domestically and internationally. This position will have direct contact with the Corporate Controller, Chief Financial Officer and other members of the Finance team which requires strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position is the key contact for the Company’s international accounting firms used to provide accounting and tax support for the Company’s international operations.
- Prepare monthly consolidation for a multi-national, multi-currency environment in accordance with SFAS 52/ASC 830
- Ensure proper treatment of foreign currency translation and transactions in connection with monthly consolidations with multiple functional currencies
- Analyze other comprehensive income and unrealized foreign exchange translation gains/losses
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly/quarterly /year end close
- Work with international external accountants to ensure a smooth and timely flow of information for accurate financial accounting and reporting
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO and Corporate Controller, regarding financial results, special reporting requests and other financial analysis
- Support the Corporate Controller in overseeing a clean and timely year-end audit
- Document and implement new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the international accounting operations
- Assist the Corporate Controller in the daily banking requirements
- Provide support to the Corporate Controller in technical accounting matters
- Perform special projects, as necessary
- Timely complete reporting of all monthly financial information to senior management and others, as necessary
- Ensure the monthly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with consolidating accounts for a multi-national, multi-functional currency environment
- Hands on experience with NetSuite or other large automated ERP/accounting system
- Power user of Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting with great attention to detail
- Solid understanding of US GAAP is essential, and knowledge of IFRS is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license preferred
- 5+ years’ work experience in an accounting position
- Both public accounting and practical private industry experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.