DataCore is a global leader and provider of software-defined storage solutions for block, file and object storage environments. In today’s world of explosive data growth, evolving workloads, and hybrid and distributed IT infrastructures, organizations are in need of a centralized and reliable means to store, access, manage and protect data. Trusted by over 10,000 customers worldwide DataCore provides enterprise-class data services that simplify data storage management, reducing storage costs and improving performance and operational efficiency.
- Centralize command and control: Standardize operations for provisioning storage capacity and controlling data placement across mixed hardware vendors and models
- Avoid storage downtime: Meet business continuity and high availability objectives
- Scale with agility and reliability: Ensure non-disruptive modernization of the storage infrastructure
- Significant cost savings and ROI: Do more with existing investments and reduce storage expenses
We pioneered software-defined storage and we keep making it better with great minds at work. If you have passion for innovation, join us in revolutionizing the IT of tomorrow.
Learn more about DataCore at: www.datacore.com.
Software Engineering Manager
We are looking for a software engineering manager who is a seasoned developer and an experienced people manager, plans, directs and coordinates all activities related to software components owned by his or her team. The software engineering manager is the “go to” person for the team, in charge of managing the activities of the team for a specific project, acts as a key contributor in developing software solutions that supports organization strategy and vision, ensures alignment between the technical solutions and the business needs. This person will play a key role in every part of the software development lifecycle, working with the team to produce high quality, high performing software components that meet our stakeholders’ needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes software requirements, drives implementation through design, coding, unit testing, reviews and documentation as needed.
- Recommends efficient design and development approaches to team members.
- Develops code towards Technology Components that would integrate with larger SDS (Software Defined Storage) platform and product.
- Sets attainable goals to team and oversees day‐to‐day execution of project by the team.
- Owns the team deliverables - Quality, Timeliness, Standards of Development.
- Co-owns the product delivery through the testing and release cycles.
- Manages a small to medium size team, provides guidance to team members and encourages and monitors work productivity.
- Conducts performance reviews, provides regular feedback and facilitates employee development and growth.
- Unblocks the team by identifying and resolving issues – both technical and non-technical.
- Provides transparent and clear status updates on the projects in a disciplined way to direct and matrix managers.
- Conducts interviews, hires new ICs and trains them to become effective on the project deliveries.
- Works with and contributes in a dynamic, distributed team environment with multiple stakeholders like release management, product management, documentation team etc.
Essential skills and experience required:
- 9 to 11 years of experience, including engineering and people management for 2-3 years in the systems software domain.
- Has managed a small to medium size team of 5-8 members for end to end engineering delivery.
- Has good experience of project planning, task estimation and project execution.
- Extremely comfortable with modern engineering management tools and processes.
- Is an experienced participant of agile - SDLC process with seasoned understanding of various phases of test and automation areas.
- Experience in designing, coding and debugging in Windows using C/ C++ and C#.
- Good system design skills with ability to provide advice on design and development approach.
- Self-starter with extreme comfort in working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Works effectively with peers, team members, superiors and stakeholders.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science Engineering or related stream.
- Excellent communication, comprehension and articulation skills.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Kernel or device driver experience on Windows.
- Experience working with products in Storage domain will be a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Storage related concepts (mirroring, encryption, snapshots, replication, etc.).
- Good general working knowledge of the SCSI specification and common transports.
- Strong understanding of White box test principles.
- Knowledge / Hands on experience with modern DevOps practices for CI/CD.
- Experience with multiple development processes like DDD and TDD.