Quality Assurance Test Engineer
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Test Engineer. Are you passionate about quality? Do you love the creative challenge that comes with finding ways to break things? As a QA Test Engineer at DataCore, you play a critical role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our world class enterprise products. You’ll be embedded on an agile development team, working side by side with the team’s developers to execute manual and automated tests and track quality assurance metrics to ensure product quality.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work as an embedded tester within the agile development test to define testing strategies for feature development.
- Work with product and development to define use cases and acceptance testing criteria
- Develop, execute and maintain component, integration, regression, performance, stability, and scalability tests.
- Identify product issues, write detailed bug reports and track project quality metrics.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Experience with white‐box and black‐box testing methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in functional, system, performance and integration testing.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with setup and configuration of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong sense of customer empathy acting as catalyst and champion for quality
- Ability to prioritize defects and determine risk based on objective, metrics based data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred skills and experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer science or engineering related field.