ABOUT DATACORE SOFTWARE
Our vision is to improve the performance and possibility of every business with real-time data.
DataCore bridges the gap between the enterprise’s need to achieve real-time business and to leverage current and future IT assets to maximize resource utilization. We pioneered software-defined storage. Our patented technology overcomes I/O bottlenecks, delivering dramatic performance improvements, and delivers high availability in a very simple and cost-effective way. Over 10,000 deployments have the advantage of using DataCore.
- Faster workloads: Up to 5X increase in performance
- High availability: Up to 100% reduction in storage-related downtime
- Lower TCO: Up to 25% reduction in storage investment
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Summary and location:
We are seeking a Senior Big Data Developer to join our Insight Services team! You will assist in designing a new revolutionary Data Analytics Platform. You will work with Product Managers, Technical Leads and other stakeholders to understand the product vision and feature requirements. You will participate in code reviews to ensure solution meets requirements and identify additional use cases. If you are passionate about Data and delivering Data-as-a-Feature, as well as have extensive development experience in the cloud technologies with a proven ability to readily acquire new skills, you might just be the person we are looking for!
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited:
The Senior Big Data Developer will act as a strategic and productive member to our organization and management through hands-on development of large-scale data processing pipelines. Team members work in a fast-paced environment delivering both tactical and strategic technology solutions.
- Provide data expertise and guidance to our teams focused on providing diagnostics and analytic systems.
- Envision and create data integration solutions that meet the requirements of the business.
- Provide technical know-how in the creation of a flexible and sustainable Data Ingestion process to load data from our Data Lake to downstream Data Warehouse objects.
- Transform data to actionable insights through Data Modeling and advanced pattern matching techniques.
- Strong problem solver that detects and solves issues effectively.
- Mentor Jr. Developers / Test Enginee
Essential skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Experience in Analytics and Business Intelligence specifically data ingestion processes and technologies.
- Big Data & analytics ecosystem experience (e.g. HDFS, HDInsights, Kafka, Spark, Hive, …)
- Passionate about data, loves to find solutions to problems combing through data.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing Techniques.
- Deep knowledge of data transformation and data modelling techniques.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience with building Data Pipelines in the Cloud (Google, AWS, and Azure).
- Proven experience with DBaaS on both azure and AWS.
- Experience working with Data Science/Data Analytics.
- Multi-discipline methodologies: e.g. Agile, Lean, Iterative, Waterfall, TDD.
- Real-Time data ingestion and processing Event / streaming based ingestion experience
- Data Governance experience is a plus.