It’s almost 2020. Shouldn’t we have smarter storage by now? The industry is still dominated by a hardware mindset, with data locked in monolithic, proprietary systems. It’s time to empower IT with software-defined storage to get a smarter, more powerful, more flexible storage platform that unifies different storage tiers and technologies—and puts IT in control.
It is time for IT to realize the promise of software-defined storage: a unified platform to simplify and optimize primary, secondary, and archive storage tiers, managed under a unified predictive analytics dashboard.
The World Is Becoming Software-Defined
Benefits of DataCore Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Freedom. Abstraction from hardware, no lock-in
- Flexibility. Evolve your architecture via software
- Integration. No silos, maximum utilization
- Availability. Flexibility on zero-downtime architectures
- Intelligence. Optimization across existing and new systems
It is unquestionable that the future of IT is software-defined
Storage has lagged behind compute in this evolution. With the latest technology advancements and market maturity, the time has come for IT to leverage software-defined storage broadly.
DataCore’s Vision for Software-Defined Storage
Unified Command and Control Across Storage Tiers and Technologies
- Primary, secondary, and backup/archive
- Block, object, and file interfaces
- Available to bare metal, virtual, and container hosts
Consistent Set of Storage Services
- Provisioning, performance acceleration, data protection, migration, auto-tiering, replication
- Services available across storage tiers, vendors, and technologies
- No need to have different processes or runbooks by vendor
Centralized Management Plane
- Cloud-based intelligent dashboard leverages telemetry data
- Actionable insights, predictive analytics, recommendations
- Improve health and performance, reduce downtime, and save money
Flexibility to Evolve and Adapt
- Software-defined infrastructure allows IT to be ready for the future
- Use in datacenter HCI and SANs, as well as ROBO and edge computing
- Non-disruptive migration and self-paced evolution between deployment models
Choice Keeps IT in Control
IT Runs Better With Software-Defined Storage
No more primary, secondary, and archive silos
A smarter way to manage all your storage infrastructure
DataCore™ Insight Services (DIS) provides a unified control pane that leverages telemetry data and the collective learnings from thousands of customers to enable early problem detection, make best practice recommendations, and provide actionable insights. Prevent issues, optimize performance, and get in control of all your storage with prescriptive actions.
Unified data services enhance and simplify storage
A growing set of data services include synchronous and asynchronous mirroring, cloning and snapshots, continuous data protection, performance acceleration and intelligent caching, thin provisioning, auto-tiering, AES-256 bit encryption, and many more. These services support all storage technologies consistently, independent of vendor or architecture.
Software-defined puts IT in control
Choice and flexibility. Deploy on new or existing servers, turn-key appliances or in the cloud. License under perpetual or subscription models. Deploy storage as a SAN, in hyperconverged configuration, or a mix. Block, file, or object. Bare-metal, virtual, or container hosts. Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and LAN connections. On-premises or in the cloud. Pool Flash, SSDs and HDDs. Break free from hardware limitations with a software-defined architecture.