The explosive growth of data and increasing requirements for business continuity/disaster recovery make it impractical to keep all data within the confines of privately-maintained data centers. SANsymphony enables a hybrid cloud storage infrastructure where active data remains rapidly accessible on premises in a private cloud within your firewall, while cold, inactive data resides in a public cloud.
Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and other public cloud service providers, can be used as off-site extensions of your on-premises storage pool. The connection takes place over cloud gateways such as the AWS Storage Gateway or Microsoft’s StorSimple Hybrid Cloud Storage Array. These on-premises hybrid cloud storage appliances connect to the DataCore nodes using iSCSI, essentially creating another tier of storage.
Cloud Replication on Azure
With the ongoing and rapid growth of data, the diversity of storage devices, and the wide variety of compliance regulations, it is essential that data and applications should be available at a remote site. That remote site should be accessible from anywhere to ensure that business operations can be restored in the event of an unforeseen event or disaster scenario.
DataCore Cloud Replication is a convenient solution to take advantage of the scalability, flexibility and cost-efficiencies of Microsoft Azure public cloud services. DataCore-authorized partners can help you remotely replicate to Azure while being able to recover from anywhere in the world and scale your offsite infrastructure as needed.
Provisioning and managing highly-available and high-performance persistent block storage resources in an OpenStack environment is simple and efficient with SANsymphony software. DataCore’s comprehensive set of software-defined storage services are accessible through standard OpenStack Cinder commands. Detachable storage volumes are automatically configured according to the size, level of redundancy and quality of service requested, and then attached to virtual machine instances in Nova compute nodes.
The combination of the scalable OpenStack cloud operating system with SANsymphony storage virtualization software offers organizations a convenient and standardized way to roll out and manage applications across large pools of compute, networking and storage resources using the most desirable mix of hypervisors, servers, and storage technologies.
Cloud Gateway Feature Highlights
- DataCore Cloud Replication on Azure for a convenient remote location
- Supplement on-premises storage with low-cost, elastic public cloud storage for archive, backup and disaster recovery
- Choice of public and private cloud storage providers
- Dynamically transfer inactive or cold data offsite using auto-tiering policies
- Select from a choice of cloud gateway appliances accessible over iSCSI
- Built-in protocol conversion from host Fibre-Channel connections to cloud interface
- Seamless integration with existing applications and backup software
- Data compression and de-duplication
- Bandwidth optimization and scheduling
- Compatible with OpenStack through Cinder block storage commands