DataCore Hyperconverged Virtual SANの特徴
- Overcomes typical storage-related bottlenecks (known as the I/O blender effect)
- Spreads load on physical devices using different channels for different virtual disks
- Detects disk “hot spots” and transparently redistributes blocks across the pool
- Automatically bypasses failed or offline channels
Types of Load Balancing
Hardware is expensive; therefore getting the most out of it is critical. SANsymphony does this by load balancing in two significant ways:
- Host channel load balancing
- Disk pool load balancing
Combining these two mechanisms ensures the highest level of performance across all storage resources within the environment.
Channel Load Balancing
Channel load balancing leverages all front-end channels available on the SANsymphony nodes. The number of channels is only limited by the node resources. Whether it is a single SANsymphony node or a mirror of nodes, the host servers can take advantage of the channels because SANsymphony presents the virtual disks to all available front-end channels simultaneously.
Disk Pool Load Balancing
Disk pool load balancing constantly analyzes data block location and tunes for optimal placement within the disk pool, achieving a striping effect. This auto-balancing ensures an even spread of all data blocks across the physical disks in the pool. This feature is especially important when modifying the number of physical disks in the disk pool as it avoids hot spots due to disk pool modification.
*NFSおよびSMBアクセスは、Windowsファイルサーバを介してサポートされます ❘ ** クラウドストレージゲートウェイを使用