Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer. Are you passionate about quality? Do you love the creative challenge that comes with finding ways to break things? Do you have strong knowledge of the product development lifecycle, release management, testing methodology and enjoy staying up to date on the latest testing trends? As a Sr. QA Test Engineer at DataCore, you play a critical role in leading product quality initiatives of our world class enterprise products. You will lead large cross team quality initiatives and testing projects leveraging your innovation, leadership, mentoring and technical skills.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead efforts to review product specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies and detailed test plans and test architectures
- Architect, develop, execute and maintain system, performance, stability, and scalability testing suites, frameworks and analysis.
- Communicate and coordinate with peers and senior level individuals in cross-functional groups to articulate and compare alternative testing approaches
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth reviews of modified and new systems or applications.
- Develop and author whitepaper and best practices documentation based on system testing and technical analysis.
- Engage with customers in order to understand their needs and gain a better understanding of product usage and functional issues.
- Research, develop and recommend tools and technologies to assist in test planning, execution and reporting
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
Essential skills and experience required:
- 8+ years direct experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- 4 years direct experience as a test lead for enterprise class application product releases
- Extensive knowledge of white box, black box and system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, virtualization, networking and storage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management skills and experience managing agile and scrum based development projects.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to prioritize defects and determine risk based on objective, metrics based data.
- Strong sense of customer empathy acting as catalyst and champion for quality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or engineering related field.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in a computer science or engineering related field.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in enterprise storage, SAN and NAS products and technologies