Alternative to Tape and Public Cloud
Store and protect your mounting volume of data using Swarm object storage
- Immutability (WORM) via S3 object locking prevents deliberate or accidental data modifications and deletions
- No file system, login shell, or executables for malware to exploit
- Zero administration for storage nodes reduces the threat of social engineering attacks
- Automated replication to a secondary site can utilize a logical or physical air gap for complete offsite isolation
- Activity logging and hashing can help reveal potential bad actors and verify data hasn’t been tampered with
- Encryption in-flight and at-rest prevents unauthorized reading of contents
Safeguard Your Backups and Ensure They Are There When You Need Them
Modern data backup applications are now backing up data from various sources on-premises, the cloud, or remote devices that clients or employees use. This presents a significant challenge for IT administrators that need to find a way to provide a secure and scalable storage solution that can seamlessly fit into existing backup workflows while delivering enterprise-grade security and data protection.
Swarm is the right solution for your demanding backup storage needs.
- Affordably store all your daily, weekly, monthly, and annual backups in a massively scalable secondary storage repository
- Preserve and protect backups with a gamut of security-rich functions, including immutability (WORM), encryption, replication, and more
- Certified by popular backup solutions such as Veeam and Commvault, Swarm allows you to easily comply with a 3-2-1-1 backup strategy
- Future-proof your backup and recovery strategy with an efficient and economical data storage solution.
Recover Fast from Failures, Outages, and Other Disruptions
Swarm clusters use an innovative distributed algorithm that enables nodes in a cluster to work together intelligently to recover from disruptions and enable operational continuity. A built-in health processor continually checks for failed hardware, bit rot, replica or erasure coding anomalies, and network problems.
When there is a node failure, the other nodes automatically recognize that and participate in recovering the lost data. The same applies to cluster-level disruptions where Swarm assures that data remains accessible and recoverable, even if there’s a subcluster outage or loss. This self-healing capability of Swarm helps improve data durability and infrastructure resiliency.
Meet Regulatory Compliance Requirements for Data Storage and Protection
- WORM: Satisfy regulatory mandates that require data and backups to be stored on non-erasable, non-rewritable media.
- Legal Hold: Create a point-in-time snapshot of a set of files (backup, media, etc.) at a specified time. The files are then immutably stored regardless of what happens to the original file or cluster. This lets you prove in a court of law that content has not been altered.
- Content Integrity Seals: Obtain and validate integrity guarantees on data in transit by hashing it using a cryptographic hash algorithm.
- Audit Logs: These are another instrumental resource to help with post-data breach investigations and compliance reporting.
- Retention Schedules: Retain data within your data center for as long as needed based on custom timelines. Then, move the data to a cold archive (e.g., cloud) or purge really old files and backups if they are not needed anymore.
- Compliance: Swarm facilitates compliance with many regulatory policies such as SEC, FNRA, CFTC, MiFID II, HIPAA, GDPR, and more.