Secondary storage platform to eliminate storage silos and manage unstructured data growth
Operational and workflow efficiencies for private, public and hybrid cloud data storage
Safeguard data, ensure data integrity, and meet compliance requirements
NEP The Netherlands
We chose Swarm because it was the most flexible platform for us and had good per-terabyte licensing. We started with 100 TBs and now have over 1.25 PBs across 200 nodes from different hardware vendors. Swarm is a key component to deliver that high-end quality service that NEP has always aimed for.
We could just plug a new node in and it would boot itself up automatically. There was no prep work. We had no OS installs. We could migrate disk groups between nodes and Swarm would decide if the disk was part of the node or not and move it around to the correct node.
British Telecommunications (BT)
Scalability is one of the slickest things about Swarm, one sweet thing they did with the platform is, when you drop a new node in, it builds itself from the ground up. The new node announces itself to the main controller. If you want to add a 72 terabyte or petabyte node you just drop it in.
*Energy and cost savings are estimates only; not a guarantee. Actuals may vary.
Want to learn more about Swarm and its Darkive functionality?
Benefits of Swarm Object Storage
Rapid Recovery25X less down-time than traditional RAID storage
Superior Optimization95% storage utilization for media and content
Performance Ready5X faster throughput for S3 read and write operations
Simplified Content Management
- Intuitive data classification, indexing, and dynamic search
- Policy-based replication for synchronous, asynchronous and stretch cluster uses
- Custom metadata for ad hoc search & query
- Share or stream files directly from the archive
Bulletproof Data Security
- Supports data encryption in transit and at rest
- Assure data immutability with Legal Hold, WORM integration, and S3 object locking
- Establish content integrity using Integrity Seals
- Track storage access and activity with audit trails
- Manage tenants, buckets, domains, and quotas
- Integrate with existing identity management systems such as LDAP, AD, ApacheDS, Linux PAM, token-based S3 and SSO/SAML 2.0 platforms
- Create detailed billing and accounting reports by domain based on bandwidth usage, access audits, etc.
Business Continuity and DR
- Maintain an always available active archive to retrieve data on-demand
- Increase data durability through erasure coding and replication at the cluster- or object-level
- Automatic failover and recovery
- Automated backup to Wasabi or Amazon Glacier for DR
- Start with just one server and easily add capacity and performance as required
- Expand to exabyte level storage with web-scale search and data access
- Add disks and server hardware of your choice to the Swarm cluster
- Extensible architecture supports Amazon S3 API and other third-party APIs
Cost Savings and Lower TCO
- High automation optimizes the utilization of resources, administrative time and budget
- No downtime hardware upgrades enable ability to continuously evolve underlying hardware
- Industry-leading 95% capacity for your data
- Energy savings through adaptive power conservation for disks
Swarm runs on any standard x86 hardware and is highly available by design. Swarm software boots from RAM and utilizes only 5% of hard drive capacity for system data resulting in an industry-leading 95% capacity availability for your content. Scale up with disks and scale out with more nodes within a Swarm cluster, or even expand with more Swarm clusters as needed. With flexible deployment, you can add tenants and sites at any time. Swarm supports hot plug drives, adding/ retiring disks/nodes and rolling upgrades of the full software stack—all with no service downtime.
Bare Metal Deployment
Boot from bare metal on any x86 server using any mix of HDDs and SSDs.
Virtual Machine Deployment
Deploy Swarm on virtual machines (VMs) powered by VMware ESXi.
Single-server installation with all Swarm services containerized and running on Kubernetes K3s.
Simple, transparent, and flexible licensing based on useable storage capacity in TB or PB across all of your Swarm instances.
Swarm object storage solution is typically used as an active archive, backup target, cloud storage, and content analytics and delivery platform. Licensing is the same regardless of what type of data is stored and managed and what use case Swarm is used for. Every Swarm term license includes Premier Support (24×7) and free product updates.
- Cost-effective term licensing (annual and multi-year licenses are available)
- Scale capacity as needed
- Price per TB goes down as consumption grows
- Volume discounts on total capacity in use apply
- Governmental and educational organizations are eligible for additional discounts
White Papers & Case Studies
Solution Briefs & Analyst Reports
Get Started with Swarm, Software-Defined Object Storage
Store your growing data on scalable & secure active archive. No more insane cloud costs!
Join thousands of IT pros who have benefitted from DataCore solutions.
“Scalability is one of the slickest things about Swarm. One sweet thing with the platform is when you drop a new node in, it builds itself from the ground up. If you want to add a 72 TB or PB node you just drop it in.”