Media & Entertainment
A content-focused platform enabling secure file distribution, access and tape replacement
Multi-tenant S3 storage that streamlines collaboration and accelerates time to discovery
Scalable medical image archive and patient record management
Secondary storage platform to eliminate storage silos and manage unstructured data growth
Operational and workflow efficiencies for private, public and hybrid cloud data storage
Safeguard data, ensure data integrity, and meet compliance requirements
British Telecommunications (BT)
Scalability is one of the slickest things about Swarm, one sweet thing they did with the platform is, when you drop a new node in, it builds itself from the ground up. The new node announces itself to the main controller. If you want to add a 72 terabyte or petabyte node you just drop it in.
*NFS ACCESS IS SUPPORTED THROUGH SWARMFS.❘ **SMB ACCESS IS SUPPORTED THROUGH DATACORE FILEFLY.
Benefits of Swarm Object Storage
Rapid Recovery25X less down-time than traditional RAID storage
Superior Optimization95% storage utilization for media and content
Performance Ready5X faster throughput for S3 read and write operations
Simplified Content Management
- Intuitive data classification, indexing, and dynamic search
- Policy-based replication for synchronous, asynchronous and stretch cluster uses
- Custom metadata for ad hoc search & query
- Share or stream files directly from the archive
Bulletproof Data Security
- Supports data encryption in transit and at rest
- Assure data immutability with Legal Hold, WORM integration, and S3 object locking
- Establish content integrity using Integrity Seals
- Track storage access and activity with audit trails
- Manage tenants, buckets, domains, and quotas
- Integrate with existing identity management systems such as LDAP, AD, ApacheDS, Linux PAM, token-based S3 and SSO/SAML 2.0 platforms
- Create detailed billing and accounting reports by domain based on bandwidth usage, access audits, etc.
Business Continuity and DR
- Maintain an always available active archive to retrieve data on-demand
- Increase data durability through erasure coding and replication at the cluster- or object-level
- Automatic failover and recovery
- Automated backup to Wasabi or Amazon Glacier for DR
- Start with just one server and easily add capacity and performance as required
- Expand to exabyte level storage with web-scale search and data access
- Add disks and server hardware of your choice to the Swarm cluster
- Extensible architecture supports Amazon S3 API and other third-party APIs
Cost Savings and Lower TCO
- High automation optimizes the utilization of resources, administrative time and budget
- No downtime hardware upgrades enable ability to continuously evolve underlying hardware
- Industry-leading 95% capacity for your data
Integration and Deployment Options: Build Your Storage The Way You Want
There are various methods for integrating Swarm object-based storage into your workflows based on your requirements. Access Swarm directly from any application that supports the S3 API like DataCore vFilO. Integrate Swarm into any application via the Swarm API based on HTTP 1.1. Use the SwarmFS interface (included with Swarm) for file conversion via NFS or SMB to Swarm. Or, add Swarm as a secondary tier of storage and offload data from Windows Server, NetApp or Dell EMC Isilon to Swarm via DataCore FileFly. In addition to the various methods of integration DataCore Swarm offers flexible deployment options.
Bare Metal Deployment
Boot from bare metal on any x86 server using any mix of HDDs and SSDs.
Deploy Swarm on virtual machines (VM) running on VMware ESXi or KVM.
Packaged Hardware Appliance
Contact DataCore for more information on packaged solutions.
Simple, transparent, and flexible licensing based on useable storage capacity in TB or PB across all of your Swarm instances.
Swarm object storage solution is typically used as an active archive, backup target, cloud storage, and content analytics and delivery platform. Licensing is the same regardless of what type of data is stored and managed and what use case Swarm is used for. Every Swarm term license includes Premier Support (24×7) and free product updates.
- Cost-effective term licensing (annual and multi-year licenses are available)
- Scale capacity as needed
- Price per TB goes down as consumption grows
- Volume discounts on total capacity in use apply
- Governmental and educational organizations are eligible for additional discounts