DataCore is a profitable, global software company with a broad base of customers serving the large and fast-growing software-defined storage (SDS) market. DataCore pioneered the SDS market which abstracts away complexity from the underlying heterogeneous infrastructure, extends the value of assets by improving performance, and eliminates downtime.
The DataCore ONETM vision, established by the new executive team, will for the first time in the industry unify the disparate storage industry across block, file, and object storage with a single solution. DataCore has launched three strategic initiatives to achieve its vision.
- DataCore Insight Services – a cloud-based SaaS offering using AI and ML to deliver data services to hybrid cloud customers from a single data management plane.
- File Storage – the company has the broadest range of data services and is enhancing this leadership through a new release of DataCore vFilo, the industry’s leading secondary storage solution. This addition increases the TAM of the company by 3x.
- Object Storage – DataCore’s recent acquisition of Caringo, a pioneer in the object storage market, and their flagship product, Swarm, provides a foundation for hyperscale data storage, access, and analysis at petabyte scale, while guaranteeing data integrity and eliminating hardware dependencies.
DataCore’s products are in use by over 10,000 customers around the world, including life-critical deployments at hospitals, manufacturing, airports, cloud service providers, media, government, and many other industries where they improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability. Experts unanimously regard DataCore’s products as vastly superior to competing solutions. The products come with world class support having won seven straight prestigious Stevie Awards for superior customer support and boasting a 71% NPS vs the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a new, state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a new technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
Technical Training Manager
DataCore is looking for an experienced training professional to manage, update, and optimize our technical training and certification programs globally across file, object, and block storage technologies. We are looking for an individual contributor with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively to different audiences.
As the Technical Training Manager, you are responsible for the planning, management, communication, and governance of DataCore’s product training programs for solution architects and implementation engineers -in a collaborative and fast-paced, high-energy, and value-driven environment. This position requires an experienced technology professional with exemplary communications skills. The scope of your responsibilities will include program strategy, curriculum development, transfer of knowledge, development of training labs, testing and certification. The goal is to ensure that customers, resellers, and internal teams have the knowledge to architect and implement DataCore products following best practices in a way that meets our end-customer’s business and technical needs.
- Work together with other technical training managers to jointly achieve success in the duties below, sharing responsibility and dividing efforts as needed.
- Evaluate current training materials and certification programs to identify areas of improvement.
- Build close relationships with engineering and product management to identify new features, changes, and updates that require new or updated training.
- Ongoing simplification of training programs to minimize the time and effort required from participants while ensuring the outcome is still technical proficiency.
- Help promote certification offerings to increase the number of certified professionals in key markets around the world.
- Communicates status, results, and challenges to leadership; clears risks and issues for the team.
- Work with product management to design, maintain, and update training labs necessary for technical training.
- Develop and update training curriculum in presentation or document format, labs, webinars, online learning, and other formats.
- Manage and optimize the LMS system.
- Collaborate with the technical documentation and support teams to identify areas of improvement and align overall efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present to audiences.
- A solid understanding of the product development-to-launch process at a software company, ideally one selling to IT audiences.
- Technical proficiency in virtualization (ESX and HyperV), Operating systems (Windows and Linux), networking (Ethernet, iSCSI, Fibre Channel), applications (VDI, databases, etc.), and HCI
- Solid understanding of storage technologies across block, file, and object
- Experience developing technical training for IT infrastructure technologies
- Ability and comfort to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment where ambiguity is the norm
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of a company and have strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to think strategically but dive into details when needed; Ability to adjust in the moment and understand all the implications and steps needed to adjust
- Success working with geographically distributed teams
- Technical degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 4 to 10 years of experience with IT infrastructure technology
- Experience with collaborative project tools (ex. Microsoft Teams, Slack, SharePoint)
- VMware, Linux, Windows, and storage certifications desirable