As a Technical Writer, you are a natural storyteller. You believe in the power of plain language to communicate ideas and you thrive on creating solutions that help people achieve more with technology. You’re driven by a passion for making technology simpler and friendlier. You’ll create new product experiences, and your words will help customers learn, solve their problems, and get the most out of our products. You’ll use data to understand how to improve experiences and content to help customers have the amazing experiences they expect.
- Collaborate with key members of a cross functional team including Product, Project, and Engineering Managers, Technical Leads, Software Engineers, legal, marketing and quality (QA) personnel.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Collects and interprets technical data or information into usable content.
- Gathers constructive comments from Customer Service incidents and applies them.
- 5+ years in a technical writing role
- Proven experience planning and delivering customer-focused documentation
- Experience working directly with engineering teams on a product for a technical audience, such as developers, DevOps, IT professionals or engineers.
- Experience using tools to create, manage, and publish documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree or certification in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience with content management systems like Confluence , MadCap, Flare etc
- Experience in the storage industry
- Experience in HTML5, CSS3, GitHub
- Experience using an XML-based authoring system
- Experience with cloud services or email services