ABOUT DATACORE SOFTWARE
DataCore is a profitable, global software company with a broad base of customers serving the large and fast-growing software-defined storage (SDS) market. DataCore pioneered the SDS market which abstracts away complexity from the underlying heterogeneous infrastructure, extends the value of assets by improving performance, and eliminates downtime.
The DataCore ONETM vision, established by the new executive team, will for the first time in the industry unify the disparate storage industry across block, file, and object storage with a single solution.
DataCore’s products are in use by over 10,000 customers around the world, including life-critical deployments at hospitals, manufacturing, airports, cloud service providers, media, government, and many other industries where they improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability. Experts unanimously regard DataCore’s products as vastly superior to competing solutions. The products come with world class support having won seven straight prestigious Stevie Awards for superior customer support and boasting a 71% NPS vs the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a new, state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a new technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking a senior level technical support engineer with a broad and deep background including demonstrable, hands-on technical skills — specifically extensive expertise in Linux, network administration, and troubleshooting. A candidate for this role must have a passion for chasing mysterious and subtle problems to closure. Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent client-facing skills. Must be able to immediately contribute to support existing customers, develop a deep knowledge of the product line, and be a key part of a small but exceptional team of skilled customer support engineers.
Remote work is possible, but candidate must reside in the United States as this is a requirement for some of our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited:
Provides the following services to partners and end-user customers primarily from the office but also at the customer’s site whenever necessary:
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic support
- Problem resolutions
- Product installations
- Product familiarization training
- Provides L1/2 technical support through E-mail, Telephone, Chat, and Incident Tracking Database
- Keeps Incident Tracking Database up to date with communications and recommendations in a professional manner
- Remains current on all DataCore object storage products and sub-products
- Performs testing on engineering releases and determines suitability for customer shipment and problem resolution
- Works closely with the Product Development Team to provide input on open issues
- Works with customers on both short and long-term issues, including those at the engineering level
- Notifies affected customers and distributes permanent solutions when they become available
- Learns and displays how products would add value to the business
- Apart from core office hours, he/she shares in an on-call rotation for support coverage which includes weekends and holidays
Essential skills and experience required:
- Must be able to convey complex information to customers clearly and concisely
- Must have capacity for managing multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high degree of detail
- Three or more years of Linux (primarily RHEL/CentOS) administration required (RHCE and/or Debian experience would be a strong plus)
- Network configuration and debugging experience (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, DNS, HTTP, NTP, SNMP, NFS, Multicast, SSL/TLS etc.) is required
- Basic scripting (bash, Python) competence is required
- Ability to document use cases & best practices for customer guidance is required
- Samba/Windows Server/Active Directory experience is a strong plus
- Elasticsearch experience is a strong plus
- Server virtualization experience (VMware ESXi, Docker or similar) is a strong plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.