This is a great opportunity to gain valuable Accounting experience at one of South Florida’s high-tech leaders!
DataCore is a profitable, worldwide software company with a broad base of customers serving the large and growing software-defined storage (SDS) and hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) segments of the marketplace. DataCore’s products are in use by over 10,000 customers around the world, including life-critical deployments at hospitals, manufacturing, airports, and many other industries where they improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability. Experts unanimously regard DataCore’s products as vastly superior to competing solutions which comes with award winning support.
Corporate headquarters are out of a new, state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a new technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
As a member of the Finance team, the Senior Accountant will work in all areas relating to revenue including billing, collections, revenue recognition and revenue reporting. This position involves a variety of accounting activities including multi-national, multi-currency, financial reporting, year-end audit support and review of statutory and international tax reporting. In addition, the individual will work with the Corporate Controller on technical accounting issue both domestically and internationally.
- Responsible for monthly close on revenue accounting to ensure proper recognition of revenues
- Responsible for billing and collections of all sales orders
- Responsible for applying customer payments and maintaining the A/R Aging report
- Support the Corporate Controller and International Accounting Manager in overseeing a clean and timely year-end audit and various statutory audits
- Support DataCore’s compliance with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition standard and various other related accounting guidance
- Identify opportunities for process improvements including automation and streamlining where appropriate to scale the business
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Revenue experience and strong knowledge of ASC 606 a plus but not required (training will be provided as this will be a crucial portion of the job responsibilities)
- Experience with multi-national, multi-functional currency environment desired but not a requirement (training will be provided as this will be a crucial portion of the job responsibilities)
- Hands on experience with NetSuite beneficial but not required (training will be provided as this will be a crucial portion of the job responsibilities)
- Power user of Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- BS or BBA in Accounting from an AACSB-accredited college or university
- 2 to 5 years progressive experience, with either public accounting or industry
- Actively working toward CPA licensure preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.