DataCore Software delivers the industry’s most flexible, intelligent, and powerful software-defined storage solutions for block, file and object storage, helping more than 10,000 customers worldwide modernize how they store, protect, and access data. The company’s comprehensive product suite, intellectual property portfolio, and its unrivaled experience in storage virtualization and advanced data services, position DataCore as the authority on software-defined storage.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Customer Engineering Leader who will help us elevate our World Class Customer Engineering team, which has won the prestigious Stevie Award for seven consecutive years, drive excellent customer service, and support DataCore‘s software solutions, ensuring alignment between the technical solutions and the business needs.
The Manager – Customer Engineering is responsible for maintaining consumer satisfaction through the provision of problem-solving resources, and providing leadership to the customer engineering team, ensuring that they are constantly providing the best in-class customer services. This role is also responsible for driving and delivering key support metrics, best practices, knowledge-based content, and methodologies that ensure the delivery of unsurpassed support and service.
This position will be in the United Kingdom, based out of our Reading office, in Berkshire. It requires a people manager who has strong technical leadership with talent management skills, inspires responsiveness to change across the team, and has a very sound understanding of what the business/the customer wants, and by extension, the DataCore ONE Vision.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer support engineers and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Manage/Supervise the technical product support team responsible for resolving basic to complex technical product-related issues for customers via inbound/escalated calls, email, chat, etc
- Establish departmental goals and implement processes regarding quality, productivity, and issue resolution
- Monitor team performance to achieve maximum client satisfaction levels
- Establish training and mentoring of team members on technical product knowledge, organization’s policies, and product support and resolution techniques
- Responsible for hiring, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of the team members
- Liaison with other departments representing Customer Support
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers, and facilitate organic growth
- Manage escalated customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Help develop service procedures, policies, and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Analyse statistics and compile accurate reports
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Control resources and utilise assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Assist with maintaining the approved budget
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Be available for conversations on weekends and/or bank holidays should an escalation require management involvement
- Occasionally support sales and marketing with onsite presence at trade shows
Essential skills and experience required:
- Excellent communication skills, organizational, interpersonal verbal and written
- Manage large customer call volume on a regular basis by ensuring team members are meeting SLAs and even distribution of incidents to team members
- Driven to get results and achieve goals while maintaining top level integrity and a strong work ethic
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, Maintain a positive and collaborative culture
- Coaching team members on continuosly developing customer support capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases, and tools
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Familiarity with IT practices in a data center
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service orientation, Creative approach to problem solving
- Desired skills:
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS/Object storage is strongly preferred
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Networking experience (LAN, WAN, VLAN, DNS, QOS, etc.)
- Apart from core office hours, he/she shares in an on-call rotation for support coverage which includes weekends and holidays.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Start-up technology company experience strongly preferred
- 10 years+ of relevant industry experience (Windows/Networking/Storage/Infrastructure)
- 10 years+ experience in providing customer service support
- 5 years+ proven working experience as a Customer Support/Engineering Manager.
- Prior experience in a role with a successful track record of meeting or exceeding customer engineering goals and quotas
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field
- Proficient experience working with remote file sharing protocol, SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems, TCP/IP and Networking, RAID, Windows 2019, 2016, Linux Operating Systems, Virtual infrastructure, etc
- Familiarity with Server Virtualization products, NAS concepts and infrastructure, monitoring protocols, Storage concepts and infrastructure, remote authentication methodology and data collection on remote systems
- Desired experience:
- Integration experience
- Application experience (Exchange, SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Scripting (PowerShell, PHP, etc.)
- Microsoft certification preferred but not required
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration
- Free snacks and beverages at the staff’s disposal at the office
- Free parking slot
- Fast-paced work environment and interesting projects
- Future career development in a multinational company
- Great opportunity to be part of a fantastic team and come make an impact!
HOW TO APPLY?
Kindly forward your CV and supportive application documents (cover letter, certificates, etc.) in English to our recruitment team via https://datacore.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0sq6g?source= with the reference project code: CED-212-NE. Alternatively you may use the online application form at the bottom of this page.