DataCore is a profitable, global software company with a broad base of customers serving the large and fast-growing software-defined storage (SDS) market. DataCore pioneered the SDS market which abstracts away complexity from the underlying heterogeneous infrastructure, extends the value of assets by improving performance, and eliminates downtime.
The DataCore ONETM vision, established by the new executive team, will for the first time in the industry unify the disparate storage industry across block, file, and object storage with a single solution. DataCore has launched three strategic initiatives to achieve its vision.
- DataCore Insight Services – a cloud-based SaaS offering using AI and ML to deliver data services to hybrid cloud customers from a single data management plane.
- File Storage – the company has the broadest range of data services and is enhancing this leadership through a new release of DataCore vFilo, the industry’s leading secondary storage solution. This addition increases the TAM of the company by 3x.
- Object Storage – DataCore’s recent acquisition of Caringo, a pioneer in the object storage market, and their flagship product, Swarm, provides a foundation for hyperscale data storage, access, and analysis at petabyte scale, while guaranteeing data integrity and eliminating hardware dependencies.
DataCore’s products are in use by over 10,000 customers around the world, including life-critical deployments at hospitals, manufacturing, airports, cloud service providers, media, government, and many other industries where they improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability. Experts unanimously regard DataCore’s products as vastly superior to competing solutions. The products come with world class support having won seven straight prestigious Stevie Awards for superior customer support and boasting a 71% NPS vs the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a new, state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo and Taipei with a new technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
What are we looking for?
Global Revenue Strategy and Business Operations is a high-performing team critical to the success of DataCore. We are looking for a Sales Operations Analyst with a strong track record in this area, hand-on and a business as well as technical mindset; thriving in a fast-paced, high growth environment; and easily partners successfully with a wide group of global stakeholders.
The Analyst acts as a hybrid of traditional jobs in program management, business intelligence, sales operations, and data analytics – requiring a mix of executive-level reporting, data analysis, process optimization and business operational support. This role will directly support many aspects of executive-level decision making at a high-growth software company including creation of our go-to-market strategy, business planning, and demand generation/pipeline analysis.
- Be the Trusted day-to-day business partner for our global Sales Organization.
- Develop and maintain Salesforce.com reports and dashboards to facilitate sales rhythm, funnel strength, and forecasting.
- Prepare and analyze periodic reporting packages for meetings with executive and senior leadership; Collect, track, and manage action items.
- Assist in providing reporting and analytics around cost of sale and deal profitability.
- Provide ongoing operational support for sales team, channel business, and solution partner program.
- Assist with complex deal calculations to ensure accuracy.
- Define, design, and interpret key performance metrics to deliver insights & recommendations.
- Triage and troubleshoot operational issues and optimize infrastructure/systems/processes for scale.
- Support extensive GTM planning process and strategic initiatives through capacity planning, productivity review, market segmentation, territory carving, quota/incentive design, and more.
- Be a supporter in creating a data driven culture of decision making with stakeholders and deliver presentations for sales.
- Optimize current data collection and reporting processes to eliminate manual dependencies
- Cleanse data, build scalable and automated reporting solutions, and support their implementation and roll-out across the globe
- Prepare analyses and recommendations for strategic decision making
- Support ongoing analyses of business performance to drive daily operations.
- Assist in preparing and communicating recommendations to executive leadership through a combination of quantitative analysis and qualitative feedback.
- Identify operational issues and propose changes to systems/processes to fix the root cause
- Take part in key central initiatives to transform and shape the business for delivering growth
- Work with cross functional support and cross functions (Finance, Marketing, Order Management, Renewals, Customer Success, Product, Human Resources etc.) to drive alignment and reporting accuracy.
- Special projects.
Essential knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Professional Excel skills and ability to build financial models.
- Certified Salesforce.com user with experience designing reports and dashboards
- Experience with Xactly, BI applications and SQL knowledge
- Exceptional analytical, research and data analysis skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a parallel ability to zoom out and be 80/20 when needed.
- Proactive and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills.
- Knowledge on how to massively scale and optimize resource allocation to drive short-term performance (revenue/KPI achievement) as well as long-term sustained business health.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Sales Strategy or Business Operations within a SaaS or software company, start-up environment, or similar rapidly growing enterprise strongly preferred.