DataCore Software is a profitable, global software company that helps more than 10,000 customers worldwide modernize how they store, protect, and access data. The company delivers the industry’s most flexible, intelligent, and powerful software-defined storage (SDS) solutions.
The DataCore ONE™ vision unifies the often-disparate storage industry across block, file, object, and container-attached storage with a single solution. DataCore’s comprehensive product suite, intellectual property portfolio, and its unrivaled experience in storage virtualization and advanced data services, position it as the authority on software-defined storage. Organizations ranging from hospitals and health systems, media and entertainment providers, educational institutions, government agencies and more trust DataCore’s solutions to improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability.
DataCore’sworld–class customer service and support been recognized with several prestigious awards and boasts a 71% net promotor score (NPS), far surpassing the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
What are we looking for?
Global Revenue Strategy and Business Operations is a high-performing team critical to the success of DataCore. The Team is developing a deep understanding of our customer journey, and how each part of our business impacts their experience. Revenue Operations has the mission to deliver visibility across the entire revenue streams, accelerate growth and provide more predictability, improve efficiency by unifying and optimizing the processes that generate DataCore’s top line success.
The Renewals Sales Representative is responsible for managing & selling Term license renewals of DataCore’s industry-leading software, working in close partnership with Sales and Success Management teams to maximize retention rate, minimize churn risk, and drive growth on the Renewal event.
You will have a consistent track record of success renewing Term and/or Perpetual Software Subscriptions, with growth, and in building beneficial, positive relationships with customers, the broader account management team, and channel partners.
The role will strategically engage with customers, distributors and partners to align their goals with DataCore solutions. Manage and ensure account retention through adoption and driving on-time renewal. Own, drive and manage the renewal process identifying customer requirements, uncovering roadblocks, expertly probing for upsell and expansion opportunity, and demonstrating strong account management capabilities. Working with partners and customers to negotiate the renewal include pricing and service-term. This position carries a sales quota.
The position is based in our Munich offices as part of our Central European Renewals team.
- Working as part of the Central European Renewal Sales team, manage a sales territory carrying an individual quota in contract renewal and growth.
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals and on-time renewal rate targets.
- Working several quarters ahead of renewal dates to ensure customer ‘Renewal Readiness’, engaging with the broader account team, partners and customers health data to identify renewal risk, and partner on remedial actions aimed at securing an on-time renewal, with growth potential.
- Identify expansion opportunities to generate additional revenue (upsell/cross-sell), driving those opportunities to closure and/or ensuring that the appropriate account management resources are engaged to maximize the opportunity.
- Prepare and provide customers renewal quotes within 180 days of support expiration.
- Maintain accurate account, license, service contract, asset and maintenance entitlement records within salesforce.com.
- Manage renewals from opportunity to invoice, understanding pricing and contractual obligations.
- Prepare weekly forecasts of renewal bookings and renewal rates within a tight band of accuracy.
- Pro-actively identifying issues that may impact a renewal and engaging all available resources to resolve.
- Assist Sales and Sales Operation teams with customer and account research & customer audits for renewal.
- Resolve order issues with Customer Service and Order Management.
- Track non-renewal, pending, and lost renewals including reasons for cancellation.
- Support evolving operational processes aimed at improving renewal efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy, and insight generated from renewals performance.
Essential knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Consistent track record of success renewing Perpetual Renewals and Software Subscriptions.
- Experience in selling, demand generation, or renewing enterprise software in a diverse customer base with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed a sales quota for retention and growth.
- Experience in a sales function that includes both direct customer interaction and working within a channel sales model.
- Manage installed base accounts by building and developing client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, probing for expanded opportunity and use cases and ability to communicate solution values of products & services.
- You can sell value at all levels over the phone
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work independently but also as a contributing part of the Central Europe Renewal Sales team
- Strong product understanding, system knowledge and processes to manage a pipeline of opportunity.
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues.
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a global, cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in contract negotiation, Deal Desk or comparable fields within a SaaS or software company, start-up environment, or similar rapidly growing enterprise strongly preferred.