DataCore Software is a profitable, global software company that helps more than 10,000 customers worldwide modernize how they store, protect, and access data. The company delivers the industry’s most flexible, intelligent, and powerful software-defined storage (SDS) solutions.
The DataCore ONE™ vision unifies the often-disparate storage industry across block, file, object and container-attached storage with a single solution. DataCore’s comprehensive product suite, intellectual property portfolio, and its unrivaled experience in storage virtualization and advanced data services, position it as the authority on software-defined storage. Organizations ranging from hospitals and health systems, media and entertainment providers, educational institutions, government agencies and more trust DataCore’s solutions to improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability.
DataCore’s world-class customer service and support has been recognized with several prestigious awards and boasts a 71% net promotor score (NPS), far surpassing the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
What are we looking for?
Global Revenue Strategy and Business Operations is a high-performing team critical to the success of DataCore. The Team is developing a deep understanding of our customer journey, and how each part of our business impacts their experience. Revenue Operations has the mission to deliver visibility across the entire revenue streams, accelerate growth and provide more predictability, improve efficiency by unifying and optimizing the processes that generate DataCore’s top line success.
We are looking for a Revenue Operations Deal Desk Manager with a strong track record in this area, hands-on with strong commercial acumen; thriving in a fast-paced, high growth environment; and a proven track record of partnering successfully across multiple global stakeholders.
The Deal Desk Manager plays a key role in providing overall deal support including structuring deals, developing deal strategies, pricing guidance and approvals and contract business terms for our strategic accounts and various growth initiatives. The role will require timely collaboration between multiple, stakeholders for urgent, time-sensitive decisions.
- Partner in a trusted adviser capacity with senior Sales Leadership, field sales and other internal stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership developing innovative deal structures, manage risk within the contractual terms and structure, and educate the sales team on our latest product and CSP offerings.
- Develop best practices for pricing and business terms, based on the improved use of data and market knowledge to support decisions.
- Independently scope and execute project work with minimum oversight to meet goals identified by Management.
- Partner with Product Marketing teams on optimal pricing models and strategies for new products and bundled solutions.
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to effectively coordinate and manage month and quarter end deal closure.
- Review and vet complex deals.
- Develop relevant cross-functional relationships to understand products, competition, and the competitive market.
- Create sales enablement materials to train Sales on best practices for optimal product pricing and positioning.
- Work closely with Finance, Legal and Operations department to optimize contract terms and close deals.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of our customers and how they use DataCore’s products.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound offers to our Field Sales Organization.
- Handle day-to-day transactional deal pricing requests.
Essential knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Deep understanding of contractual concepts and familiarity with standard legal terms.
- Clear business focus, thriving for commercially beneficial outcomes (“deal making attitude”).
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues.
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a global, cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience in contract negotiation, Deal Desk or comparable fields within a SaaS or software company, start-up environment, or similar rapidly growing enterprise strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.