DataCore Software is a profitable, global software company that helps more than 10,000 customers worldwide modernize how they store, protect, and access data. The company delivers the industry’s most flexible, intelligent, and powerful software-defined storage (SDS) solutions.
The DataCore ONE™ vision unifies the often-disparate storage industry across block, file, object, and container-attached storage with a single solution. DataCore’s comprehensive product suite, intellectual property portfolio, and its unrivaled experience in storage virtualization and advanced data services, position it as the authority on software-defined storage. Organizations ranging from hospitals and health systems, media and entertainment providers, educational institutions, government agencies and more trust DataCore’s solutions to improve performance, reduce costs, and provide high availability.
DataCore’s world-class customer service and support been recognized with several prestigious awards and boasts a 71% net promotor score (NPS), far surpassing the industry average of 30%.
Corporate headquarters are out of a state-of-the-art facility in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with offices in Austin, Munich, London, Paris, Milan, Sofia, Tokyo, and Taipei with a technical center of excellence in Bangalore, India.
As a member of the sales team, the Senior Solutions Architect candidate is a dynamic and hardworking technical professional who has experience in successfully selling disruptive IT solutions to enterprise customers. This individual must be able to maintain high levels of performance through direct actions that drive revenue in alignment with DataCore’s Go-to-Market strategy. The successful candidate will engage the full sales process, leveraging their technical skills and experience to deliver results.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Product presentation and demonstration at customer meetings in the assigned territory
- Determine recommended system configuration with regards to prospective customer requirements
- Provide technical liaison for prospective customers
- Preparation of technical presentation of DataCore products in line with prospective customer requirements
- Preparation and production of written responses for customer response RFI (Request For Information) and RFP (Request For Proposal)
- Provide feedback to the department’s customer service and product development regarding technical issues and recommended installation configurations regarding prospective customers
- Provide feedback to the department’s product marketing and product development regarding desired product enhancement and features
- Providing feedback regarding requirements and/or customization of the DataCore product suite that are dealt with by channel partners
- Assist in ensuring competence of channel and/or end user technical resources with respect to installation, configuration, and customization of the DataCore product suite
- Regularly updating channel partners with latest release information of the DataCore product suite
- Assist in the regular assessment of the quality of services performed by channel partners
- Ensure timely and successful implementation of the DataCore products suite into both direct and channel customers
- Provide feedback to the sales department on any customer problems or requirements
- Support of sales with customer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth technical knowledge on storage technologies – block, file and object (4+ years)
- In-depth technical knowledge on storage infrastructure, such as knowledge of SAN, NAS, Object and cloud-based services (4+ years)
- Basic knowledge of Ethernet networking, is familiar with TCP/IP protocol and models and can understand network infrastructures
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with virtualization technologies and software-defined solution approaches (4+ years)
- Work experience or knowledge of storage as a service especially S3 required (4+ years)
- In-depth knowledge of all leading operation systems and can install especially Microsoft and Linux systems according to common standards (4+ years)
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Windows Domain networks
- Hands-on experience with Linux system administration, especially RHEL/CentOS (4+ years)
- Proven experience in utilizing of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Saltstack
- Basic knowledge in the area of container technologies and is familiar with the basic concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science degree or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of related experience
- 8+ years of experience selling software and/or storage solutions
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success driving business with enterprise customers including the ability to navigate complex organizational structures
- Pronounced self-motivation paired with discipline and high communication skills
- Good industry knowledge of SaaS landscape, such as knowledge of SAN / NAS storage systems and infrastructure, is necessary
- Strong convincing communication and presentation skills in direct partner and customer contact
- Good manners, quick comprehension, independent work, and resilience complete your profile
- A valid class B driver’s license is mandatory
- The job requires willingness to travel and a home office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (German and English)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.