As Senior SDET at DataCore, you play a critical role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our world class enterprise products. You’ll be part of an agile development team, working side by side with the team’s developers to execute manual and automated tests and track quality assurance metrics to ensure product quality. You will also be responsible for developing automated tests and most optimal ways of assuring stable products with delightful usability.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work as an embedded tester within the agile development test to define testing strategies for feature development.
- Work with product management and development teams to define use cases and acceptance testing criteria.
- Develop, execute and maintain component, integration, regression, performance, stability and scalability tests.
- Identify product issues, write detailed bug reports and track project quality metrics.
- Develop automated tests and reliable, repeatable test suites to cut down manual work load.
Qualification, essential skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer science or engineering related field and 7+ years of testing and automation experience.
- Experience with white‐box and black‐box testing methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in functional, system, performance and integration testing.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of deployment, setup and configuration of complex systems products. (storage domain will be highly preferred).
- Well versed with set up and configurations of Windows operating systems.
- Strong sense of customer empathy acting as catalyst and champion for quality.
- Ability to prioritize defects and determine risk based on objective, metrics based data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Powershell programming language
- Accuracy and attention to details
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
DataCore Software is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or childbirth, including breastfeeding and breastfeeding-related conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, being transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, age, family medical history or genetic information, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected characteristics. This policy applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by employees, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers, and third-party non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, unpaid interns, volunteers, etc.