Provide higher-level product support to customers via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., chat, email). Assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve extremely technical or sophisticated support problems. Maintain log of product issues and convey customer feedback to product development staff. Possess expert knowledge of organization's products.
Provides following services to world-wide OEMs, partners and end-user customers primarily through the support office but also on-site whenever necessary:
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic support
- Problem resolutions
- Product installations
- Product familiarization training
- Provides L1/2/3 technical support through E-mail, Telephone, Chat and Incident Tracking Database
- Keeps Incident Tracking Database up to date with communications and recommendations in a professional manner
- Remains current on all DataCore products and subproducts
- Very composed under pressure
- Performs testing on engineering releases, and determines suitability for customer shipment and problem resolution
- Works closely with Engineering to provide input on open issues
- Works with customers on all issues, including those at engineering level, and provides status concerning issues that involve longer term solutions by providing temporary solutions.
- Notifies affected customers and distributes permanent solutions when they become available.
- Shares in an on-call rotation for support coverage which is approximately one week per month, which can include weekend and holidays.
- Excellent customer service and communication and interpersonal skills both orally and written.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- At least 2 years’ experience of Technical Support on complex software products
- Experience with Windows 2016, 2012 R2 and UNIX or other operating systems
- Familiarity with IT practices in a data center
- Networking experience (LAN, WAN, VLAN, DNS, QOS, etc.)
- Integration experience
- Familiarity with Storage Industry
- Familiarity with Server Virtualization products
- Application experience (Exchange, SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Scripting (PowerShell, PHP, etc.)
- Microsoft certification preferred
- Passport to travel internationally
- Multi-lingual would be helpful