Feature Highlights Summary
- Highly available storage for CIFS/NFS file shares
- Simultaneously handle block and file level services
- Cloud-like economics for cheap and deep storage
- Leverages Windows native CIFS/NFS and Scale-out File services
- Presents a unified storage platform for all common storage services
- Ideal for:
- Cold data, long retention file shares, archive / backups
- Off-site secondary storage
- Private cloud (low-cost, in-house capacity)
Simultaneously access files and block-level services from a single unified storage services platform.
Cheap and Deep Storage Options
Low-cost licensing options are available for “cheap and deep” storage best suited for aging or relatively inactive data were performance ceases to be a factor. These are sometimes referred to as “bulk storage nodes (BN).” Space saving techniques including deduplication and compression are built in.
SANsymphony Bulk nodes can be managed alongside other SANsymphony nodes from the same central DataCore console or as standalone nodes.
SANsymphony software enhances NAS services provided by Windows Server such as CIFS, NFS and Scale-out File Server (SoFS) by removing single points of failure in the underlying storage environment. In addition, SANsymphony presents raw block volumes to application servers over Fiber Channel or iSCSI SANs.
Low-cost SANsymphony Bulk Storage Nodes in a Highly-Available Configuration.