DataCore launches ‘Quick Start’ site for solution advisors designed to help partners “Knock Down Storage-Related Sales Barriers to Virtualization”.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida – August 25, 2009 – DataCore Software, a leading provider of storage virtualization, business continuity and disaster recovery software solutions, today announced that it has launched its most recent initiative to enable partners to reap the rewards and benefits of having DataCore storage virtualization solutions in their arsenal of product offerings. The new Solution Advisor Resource Center provides essential sales training and positioning to help resellers and solution advisors grow their virtualization business with DataCore’s storage virtualization solutions – https://www.datacore.com/partner/resources/.
Storage hardware prices resellers out of virtualization deals
Organizations are being pressured to consolidate their infrastructure by cutting back on hardware purchases. That’s why they’re so eager to virtualize servers in the first place. Asking them to rip and replace perfectly good disks for new, expensive storage area networks (SANs) won’t yield many orders in this economic climate. Yet cutting corners with cheap ones only makes them susceptible to performance bottlenecks and catastrophic single points of failure.
“The DataCore approach, like that of Citrix, Microsoft or VMware, is not contingent upon a customer buying expensive hardware,” says John Joseph, president, J4 Systems. “Their hardware-independent, software solutions enable any business to fully participate in the cost saving benefits of virtualizing and consolidating its storage.”
Capture 100% of the virtualization opportunity
With server and desktop consolidation hinging so much on shared storage SANs, DataCore ensures that you can compete effectively for the widest range of opportunities with a common software solution to capture the total virtualization business that is available to you.
Sales and marketing resources for Solution Advisors
The Solution Advisor Resource Center https://www.datacore.com/partner/resources/ has materials that will enable solution advisors to become familiar with DataCore, to propose solutions to their clients’ storage infrastructure requirements and to profit from the sale of storage virtualization software. Select resources include:
- An eight-minute “Get Acquainted with DataCore” webinar. Link: https://www.datacore.com/VAR8/
- A training webinar titled “Knock Down Storage-Related Sales Barriers to Virtualization” that serves to explain the business rationale for adding DataCore to a sales portfolio.
- Additional webinars, including “How to present DataCore solutions to prospective clients” and “Virtualization Imperatives: Tackling Storage-related Challenges”.
- Sales reference cards, including “Tips for selling DataCore solutions to Server & Desktop Virtualization clients” (available for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer).
- An Overview of Bundles, Promotions & Packaging Updates, including Current Customer Promotions https://www.datacore.com/customerprograms/
- FAQs for partners just getting started with DataCore
More Partner testimonials: DataCore offers high-value, best-of breed solutions
Endurance Network Services
“DataCore is the one software product that our firm resells,” states Blake White, president, Endurance Network Services. “It is the bedrock of any storage virtualization project for us and DataCore solutions always justify themselves by way of total cost of ownership. The total cost for our clients of using DataCore is routinely much less than traditional storage solutions.”
“With DataCore, the client can pick their favorite hardware vendor and even mix and match them,” comments Tim Rettig, president, LAN Solutions. “When the requirements encroach on the system’s limits, we can non-disruptively upgrade what they have with faster, newer technology, possibly from a different supplier who offers better price/performance at the time.”
Additional Partner Profiles:
Partner with DataCore – next steps
- Watch the 30-minute webinar to better understand how DataCore expands your practice: https://www.datacore.com/partner
- Apply for partner membership online at: https://www.datacore.com/partners/partners_authorized_app.asp
- For information about reselling DataCore Software, please contact your local DataCore distributor.
About DataCore Software
DataCore Software, a leading provider of storage virtualization software solutions, fundamentally changes the economics of managing storage with innovative software that combines advanced functions and services with the agility and savings of hardware independence. DataCore lowers the cost and complexity of IT by making storage efficient, fast, flexible, fail-safe and virtual. DataCore’s portable storage server software simplifies and automates capacity expansion and centralizes storage management for Windows, UNIX, Linux, MacOS and NetWare operating systems as well as hypervisors from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, and other suppliers. DataCore is privately held and its corporate headquarters are in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. For more information, call (877) 780-5111 or visit https://www.datacore.com.
DataCore, the DataCore logo, SANmelody and SANsymphony are trademarks or registered trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. Other DataCore product or service names or logos referenced herein are trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. All other products, services and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Red Nine PR
— or —