A Modern Approach to Backup & Recovery
Data is growing at an exponential rate with 90% of the world’s data being generated in the last two years alone. Enterprises face a constant need for data to be backed up and protected for retention, recovery, and compliance.
DataCore and Veritas deliver a solution that ensures simplified and policy-driven archival, replication and data backup. The combined solution will help address challenges of storing and managing rapidly scaling backups and protecting them against downtime and cyberthreats, such as ransomware.
Data Protection for Veritas Backups on Secure On-Premises S3 Archive
DataCore provides a massively scalable cost-effective object storage platform to manage mounting volume of backups. With DataCore Swarm, organizations benefit from a secure and reliable secondary storage to protect backups, which are stored on-premises, thus enabling better data governance and adherence with IT security policies.
Swarm object storage seamlessly integrates with Veritas NetBackup to provide an affordable storage target for backups. Store, protect, and manage your Veritas backups on secure object storage that scales as needed.
With Swarm, you can store more backups, spend less time managing storage, continue to reduce storage TCO, all while ensuring your backups are continually safeguarded and instantly available a month, a year, or a decade from now.
DataCore Swarm S3-based software-defined object storage has been tested and validated with Veritas NetBackup software.
Swarm: The Most Robust and Resilient Storage for Backups
Easily convert standard x86 servers into scalable and resilient object storage infrastructure to store hundreds of terabytes and petabytes of data. Scale capacity and throughput easily by adding in new drives or new Swarm nodes in the cluster or deploy multiple Swarm clusters across sites to improve high availability. You can use any combination of hardware, different server vendors, chassis size, and HDDs/SSDs to create an instantly accessible Swarm archive on-premises for your backups.
Maximum Data Protection and Compliance
- Ensure robust data protection using capabilities such as Legal Hold and WORM integration
- Establish content integrity using Integrity Seals
- Apply data encryption in flight and/or at rest
- Track storage access and activity with audit trails
- Archive and protect backups for as long as needed to meet compliance regulation
Avoid Downtime and Ensure Operational Continuity
- Increase data durability through erasure coding and replication at the cluster or object level
- Proactively create data copies and store them as long as needed locally or in a secondary/DR site
- Shift between replication and erasure coding on the same hardware based on custom data protection policy
Recover Fast from Hardware Failures and Outages
- Leverage an intelligent self-healing mechanism to work together and recover from failures and outages
- A built-in health processor continually checks for failed hardware, bit rot, replica or erasure coding anomalies, and network problems
- Avoid data loss from node-level, cluster-level, and site-level failures
Protect against cyber-attacks, hardware failures, and data loss
Improve efficiency as backup capacity increases
Ensure backups are always available and accessible
Achieve backup and active archiving in the same solution
Get started with Swarm, Software-Defined Object Storage
Store your growing data on scalable & secure active archive. No more insane cloud costs!
Join thousands of IT pros who have benefitted from DataCore solutions.
“Scalability is one of the slickest things about Swarm. One sweet thing with the platform is when you drop a new node in, it builds itself from the ground up. If you want to add a 72 TB or PB node you just drop it in.”