IT organizations large and small face competitive and economic pressures to improve structured and unstructured data access while reducing the cost to store it. Software-defined storage (SDS) solutions take those challenges head-on by segregating the data services from the hardware, which is a clear departure from once- popular, closely-coupled architectures.
However, many products disguised as SDS solutions remain tightly-bound to the hardware. They are unable to keep up with technology advances and must be entirely replaced in a few years or less. Others stipulate an impractical cloud- only commitment clearly out of reach. For more than two decades, we have seen a fair share of these solutions come and go, leaving their customers scrambling. You may have experienced it first-hand, or know colleagues who have.
In contrast, DataCore customers non-disruptively transition between technology waves, year after year. They fully leverage their past investments and proven practices as they inject clever new innovations into their storage infrastructure. Such unprecedented continuity spanning diverse equipment, manufacturers and access methods sets them apart. As does the short and long-term economic advantage they pump back into the organization, fueling agility and dexterity.
Whether you seek to make better use of disparate assets already in place, simply expand your capacity or modernize your environment, DataCore software-defined storage solutions can help.
Key Highlights of DataCore Software-Defined Storage Solutions
- Pool diverse storage systems together and centralize capacity allocation and management
- Balance load and capacity between unlike storage systems
- Automate hot, warm and cold data placement via policies
- Expand and refresh storage hardware and migrate data non-disruptively
- Consolidate business continuity and disaster recovery practices across mixed hardware vendors and models
- Lower storage costs by enabling free choice of hardware
SDS FOR BLOCK STORAGE
- Mix SAN, DAS, flash, and disks
- Ensure high availability
- Optimize performance and utilization
- Ultimate flexibility
- Business continuity
- Performance acceleration
- Centralized command and control
SDS FOR FILE AND OBJECT STORAGE
- Pool NAS devices and file servers
- Leverage unified global name space
- Offload to cloud or object storage
- Ultimate flexibility
- Visibility and control
- Efficiency and simplicity
- Multi-site management
IT Architect, Capgemini
DataCore is a game changer which is ahead of the trend and a key element to help organizations to truly be able to have a software-defined data center.
A Vision for Unified Storage with Ultimate Flexibility, Visibility and Control
The power of software-defined storage breaks silos and hardware dependencies, unifying primary, secondary, and archive storage tiers, enabling IT to make storage smarter, more effective, and easier to manage.