Avoid Foreseeable Problems
- Detect early warning signs to resolve issues before they start
- Reduce support calls by executing actionable insights
- Optimize environment with proactive/prescriptive remediation steps
- Prioritize corrective measures with task list based on severity/impact
- Move intuitively to resolution through guided, single-click steps
- Receive insights in advance to make necessary configuration changes
- Centrally monitor and control SANsymphony environment across multiple sites
- Focus attention on what’s important by automating remedial tasks
- Eliminate guesswork by following proven issue resolution steps
Your Entire Storage Infrastructure in a Single View
- OPEN INSIGHTS DASHBOARD
Quickly view the collective number of health and optimization insights across your storage infrastructure to immediately know where to focus your attention.
- PRIORITIZED ACTIONABLE INSIGHTS
Use the real-time, prioritized task list to focus on what is important. DIS actionable insights allow you to immediately take prescriptive remediation steps.
- HEALTH & OPTIMIZATION STATUS
DIS monitors your environment all day, every day from the cloud generating predictive insights to avoid downtime and ensure optimal configuration.
- CAPACITY & PERFORMANCE TRENDS
Get an overview on historical capacity and performance trends to proactively add capacity or migrate workloads based on predictive insights before performance is impacted or you run out of capacity.
Key Capabilities of DataCore Insight Services
Get actionable data for intelligent storage management such as:
- Configuration details and error conditions
- Volumes that can benefit from better data protection
- Prescriptive resolution steps
- Performance and operational analytics
Identify and prioritize potential issues before they disrupt operations by:
- Comparing against known issues, best practices, and historical trends
- Leveraging knowledge base compiled from thousands of similar environments
- Determining severity level and remediation steps through artificial intelligence and machine learning
Ensure best use of resources with:
- Real-time, ongoing prioritized task list for storage administrators
- Storage health and performance scores for an at-a-glance status of your SANsymphony environment
- Historical and projected capacity consumption to anticipate potential storage deficiencies and performance issues
Single Pane of Glass
Leverage cloud-based analytics for:
- Unified visibility and centralized management, even across multiple data centers
- Converged view across the diverse storage manufacturers and technologies
- Real-time health and performance dashboard for monitoring, analytics, and taking action
Types of Actionable Insights
DIS is built on the concept of delivering insights that are not simply alert-based, but actionable and prioritized by severity and type. Severity levels are determined by the potential impact to uptime and performance of your storage infrastructure. The types of actionable insights DIS delivers include predictive, known issues, and best practices. Predictive insights provide a forward-looking view of critical configuration metrics such as when capacity limits will be reached based on historical usage trends.
Known issues insights deliver predictive failure or performance degradation issues based on comparison of your environment against the 20+ years of aggregate data in our customer support database. Similarly, best practices insights will alert you when there are specific configurations within your environment that would yield better results if modified. DIS insights are all actionable, meaning they are delivered in an easy-to-use format, with clickable buttons to immediately take prescriptive remediation steps.
We recommend that you grant access to your DataCore partner so they have visibility into the same insights that you see. This allows partners to work as a trusted advisor through close collaboration to avoid foreseeable problems, save time for both of you and ensure that your environment is always optimized.
DIS is an integrated capability of DataCore SANsymphony. They are only available on subscription licensing, require DataCore SANsymphony V10 PSP9 or later and a secure internet connection from the DataCore instances.