DataCore™ vFilO™ is a next-generation distributed file and object software-defined storage (SDS) solution which provides unprecedented visibility and control over widely-scattered data spread across NAS, file servers, and object stores through a multi-site, keyword-searchable global namespace. It continuously migrates, load balances, and safeguards data among on-premises and cloud storage tiers using machine learning and arbitrage modeling to optimize for cost, performance, capacity, availability, and compliance to achieve business objectives.
vFilO combines the capabilities of a scale-out distributed file storage systems while delivering on the benefits of an object storage system, supporting NFS, SMB, and S3 protocol access to the same set of data, plus the ability to manage, optimize, and migrate data in existing storage systems. Inactive data is de-duplicated, compressed, and moved to lower cost storage such as a cloud S3 bucket. DataCore’s enterprise-class data services are unconstrained by hardware infrastructure or geography and include live data mobility, self-service undelete, snapshots/clones, and replication at any level of granularity.
Separate Filers –> Frustrating!
Must know the specific filer and directory/folder hierarchy to store or find anything
Global Namespace with Tags –> Easy!
Keyword search and automatic load balancing are no longer constrained by organizational hierarchy
Visibility & Control
- Measurably improve productivity and collaboration across sites with faster, easier access to files and multimedia
- Control all your organization’s unstructured data under one intelligent system
- Fulfill data governance obligations through explicit policies or high-level objectives
- Derive new business insights gleaned from metadata
- Expand and modernize as needed with no dependency on device or manufacturer
- Integrate new server and storage technologies alongside existing equipment without painful and expensive forklift upgrades
- Store data where it makes most sense, traversing sites and hardware architectures, based on explicit policies
- Enjoy the power of object and file access methods in one system with multi-protocol support
- Recover time lost shuffling files around and backing them up
- Avoid disruptive data migrations
- Unify management of different types and profiles of data under one system
- Automate data placement and tracking to optimize capacity and control costs while meeting performance and availability objectives
*FOR INACTIVE FILES PLACED ON OBJECT/CLOUD STORAGE