DataCore’s new SANsymphony™-V solution endorsed as the critical, final dimension for successful virtualization environments
READING, England – April 25, 2011 – DataCore Software, the industry’s premier provider of storage virtualization software announced that it has won one of the UK’s top networking accolades by scooping the Data Center Product of the Year Award at the prestigious 2011 Network Computing Awards held at the Russell Hotel in London.
Keith Joseph, Regional Manager, Northern Europe at DataCore Software, happily collected the award and commented, “This is the first award that SANsymphony-V has gained since its launch in January. Part of what enticed the Network Computing readers to vote for the new solution was the favorable independent review that appeared in the magazine recently. The review and this award endorses just how easy SANsymphony-V has made installation of virtualization across desktop and server environments for network administrators and managers.”
Indeed, Carla Arend, program manager, European infrastructure software research at IDC, underscores Joseph’s comments, “With the launch of SANsymphony-V, DataCore has redesigned its software for virtual server and desktop environments. However, DataCore’s key benefits of extending the useful life of hardware, cutting hardware costs and removing vendor lock-in are still intact, and apply to both the physical and virtual world.”
In brief the award recognizes that with SANsymphony-V network managers can achieve:
- Much lower risk to deploy virtualization projects since a complete storage and process overhaul is not required; changes can be implemented incrementally, tried or undone selectively.
- Cost-effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery to safeguard business.
- Infrastructure-wide administration and automation to increase staff productivity.
- Greater savings from consolidation, repurposing and better utilization of existing resources.
- Reduced complexity and greater control to manage growth and optimize budgets.
- Enduring value from a software solution that lives beyond devices that “come and go.”
The Network Computing Awards were established in 2005 to recognize best-of-breed, easy to use solutions that make the working lives of network administrators and managers easier and more effective. Voting takes place independently across a two month time frame, with just under 4,000 voters contributing.
“DataCore Tackles Storage Virtualization Barrier”
Access the Network Computing review on SANsymphony-V: