DataCore Software is proud to be one of the 12 selected vendors that have been evaluated and showcased in this year’s Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
In prior years, Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems analyzed vendors within four classes of integrated systems which required hardware and software. As the hyperconverged market has continued to grow and customer expectations have crystalized, Gartner has changed its definition and focused on hyperconverged infrastructure this year. There are four important changes in this year’s Magic Quadrant (MQ):
- Defines the market segment as hyperconverged infrastructure,
- Eliminates the system hardware requirement,
- Focuses exclusively on hyperconverged software vendors and solutions, and
- Limits the evaluation of capabilities to those vendors with primary development responsibility and ownership
With these changes in the market segment definition, the readers will be able to sharply focus on who develops and provides hyperconverged infrastructure software and what delivery models are supported such as bring-your-own-hardware and as-a-Service over the cloud.
As the Gartner MQ highlighted similar points in its evaluation, we believe that:
- Our technology is deployed and used to support a variety of workloads, including high speed transaction workloads and databases. We have a long track record of supporting latency-sensitive, business-critical enterprise applications.
- We are able to scale storage capacity independently, not only by changing the node capacity, but also by leveraging external shared block-storage arrays for both capacity expansion and data tiering.
- Our adaptive parallel input/output (I/O) technology automates the use of available multicore processors to improve overall I/O throughput and response times based on workload demands.
- We are a popular choice for distributed data centers and SMBs, as we only require two nodes for a high-availability, single-site or stretched-cluster configuration.
- Our DataCore Cloud Replication, available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, can complement Hyperconverged Virtual SAN deployments by enabling data replication to Microsoft Azure.
- We enable end users to leverage and centrally manage direct-attached storage, external storage area networks (SANs) and cloud storage in a seamless manner
- We offer a performance-optimized data layout that has been validated through SPC-1 performance benchmarks.
DataCore Hyperconverged Virtual SAN solution was launched in 2014, and is based on our mature, 10th generation software-defined storage platform. It features the fastest response time in the industry (proven by the Storage Performance Council benchmarks) by utilizing our revolutionary Parallel I/O technology in addition to the highest availability with the fewest nodes (only 2 nodes are needed for fully redundant cluster, both single location as well as stretched across the sites). Our HCI software also offers the lowest TCO to scale-up or scale-out; central management of direct-attached storage (DAS), external storage area networks (SANs) and cloud storage in a seamless manner; and support of both virtualized and non-virtualized applications along with a variety of hardware and hypervisors.
To see Hyperconverged Virtual SAN in action and learn more, request a live demo.