Three Editions to Choose From
DataCore SANsymphony block-based Software-Defined Storage (SDS) is available in three editions – Enterprise (EN), Standard (ST) and Business (BZ) – giving you the freedom of choice to buy the software based on specific functionality and scalability needs.
Enterprise-class edition offers the highest performance, richest feature set and the most flexibility
Standard edition is ideal for midrange requirements
Business edition is the cost-efficient entry level of SANsymphony suited for smaller but demanding HA installations
|Ideal for||Full-featured, highest performance||Midrange||Small demanding HA environments|
|Synchronous Mirroring||FC, iSCSI||iSCSI||FC, iSCSI|
|Replication & Site Recovery|
|Continuous Data Protection (CDP)|
|Random Write Accelerator (RWA)|
|Quality of Service (QoS)|
|Fibre Channel (FC)|
|iSCSI, NFS, SMB|
|AFA, Hybrid Arrays, JBOx, SSD, HDD|
|Shared Multi-Port Arrays (SMPA)|
|Storage Protocols||NVMe, FC, iSCSI, SAS/SATA, Cloud Gateways|
|Analytics / Actionable Insights||DataCore Insight Services (DIS)|
|Max. capacity per group||Not limited||38 TB|
|Min. capacity per group||2 TB||10 TB|
|Min. capacity per node||1 TB||5 TB|
|Max. nodes per group||64||2|
|Expansion granularity||1 TB|
|Physical Servers (Bare Metal)|
|Virtual Machines (VMs)|
|Real-Time & Historical Charting|
|Orchestration / Provisioning|
|Analytics / Alerting (on-premises)|
|Command / Control|
Flexible Term Licensing
SANsymphony software is licensed based on managed capacity in TB and not by the number of installed instances. It can be purchased for annual and multi-year terms. All licensing options across EN, ST, and BZ editions include Premier Support and free product updates.
Pay As You Grow
Start with Standard or Enterprise
- Scale capacity as needed – as little as 1 TB steps
- Price per TB goes down as consumption grows
- Unlimited number of instances for a single installation
- ST can be upgraded to EN non-disruptively
Start with Business
- Scale capacity as needed, as little as 1 TB steps (start with a minimum of 10 TB and scale up to 38 TB per installation)
- Attractive pricing, no price bands
- A single installation supports 2 SANsymphony instances
- BZ can be upgraded to EN non-disruptively
You can have many installations of each edition in your organization. And you can also mix the editions according to your specific needs.
Lifetime Volume Discounts for EN and ST
Your earlier investments in EN and ST pay off. The more capacity under active support you have for one edition, the lower the price for that edition.
Example with SANsymphony EN Edition
You currently have 96 TB under active support and require 8 TB additional capacity.
With Lifetime Volume Discounts the 8 TB is 35% cheaper because you can leverage the 100–249 TB price band instead of the 1–9 TB price band.
Flexible Deployment Options
Each of the three SANsymphony editions – EN, ST and BZ – may be configured with existing or new servers and storage to:
- Create purpose-built storage servers (converged or server SAN)
- Hyperconverged storage across a cluster of servers (HCI)
- Pool and virtualize popular storage arrays from any of the major manufacturers
- Create combinations of the above
Nodes licensed for different editions cooperate in a centrally managed pool to address diverse infrastructure-wide requirements. Licensing of SANsymphony is independent of its deployment.