Pool resources from distributed NAS and file servers for global access
Offload inactive data from premium filers to lower-cost object/cloud storage
Scale out NAS to distribute loads, improve responsiveness, and ensure high availability
Collaborate between sites through selective file sharing and replication
Replicate data between disparate filers to enhance BC/DR readiness and response
Switch workloads to remote sites during peak loads and planned downtime
*FOR INACTIVE FILES PLACED ON OBJECT/CLOUD STORAGE
Visibility & Control
- Organize widely scattered files under a single namespace for convenient access by apps and users
- Measurably improve productivity and collaboration across sites with easier file sharing
- Fulfill data governance obligations through policies and high-level objectives for data placement and protection
- Integrate new technologies into your infrastructure without expensive forklift upgrades
- Benefit from a location and device-independent approach to expansion and modernization
- Place data where it makes most sense, traversing sites and hardware architectures
Efficiency & Simplicity
- Fully exploit available storage assets by pooling their resources and load balancing across them
- Recover time lost from manually shuffling files and backing them up
- Avoid disruptive and time-consuming data migrations
- Save costs by transparently relocating inactive files, snapshots, and replicas on lower-cost object storage, where they are deduped and compressed
- Modernize while maximizing the value from existing equipment without having to rip out and replace perfectly good assets
- Defer buying more premium filers by fully utilizing existing resources on the active primary filers that deserve it
- Avoid consuming costly space and bandwidth by performing discrete functions on specific files rather than on volumes or entire folders / file shares
vFilO Savings Calculator
DataCore's file storage solution, vFilO, can help you significantly lower storage TCO and improve ROI. Use this simple tool and find out how much money you can save on your file and object storage investments.
Impact on Cost of Data
3-year Savings Estimate
Total combined savings of productivity and data storage costs over a 3-year period.
The estimated savings values contained herein are provided to you for illustrative purposes only. The actual cost savings due to vFilO will depend on how you use it for storage management in your environment. Savings are calculated to the nearest dollar for simplification purposes.
Simple, transparent and flexible licensing based on managed capacity in TB and type of data managed by vFilO: active data or inactive/archival data.
- Active Data for your data managed by vFilO on NAS devices, file servers and shares.
- Inactive Data for your data stored on S3 cloud storage or on-premises object stores. These infrequently accessed data are deduplicated and compressed.
License includes Premier Support (24×7) and free product updates.
Pay as You Grow
- Cost-effective term licensing (annual and multi-year licenses are available)
- Scale capacity as needed
- Price per TB goes down as consumption grows
- Volume discounts on total capacity in use apply
- Governmental and educational organizations are eligible for additional discounts