WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
BIG DATA DEVELOPER
We are seeking candidates pursuing a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related disciplines interested in putting their skills to work as a Big Data Developer to join our Insight Services team! You will be a part of our software teams developing products for our customers alongside other engineers with a range of experience. We operate in agile development environments, affording you a multidisciplinary interaction as well incremental feedback to provide the greatest value in our products. You will have an opportunity to make a difference and grow your skills and experience as you progress in your career.
You will assist in designing a new revolutionary Data Analytics Platform. You will work with Product Managers, Technical Leads and other stakeholders to understand the product vision and feature requirements. You will participate in code reviews to ensure solution meets requirements and identify additional use cases. If you are passionate about Data and delivering Data-as-a-Feature, as well as have extensive development experience in the cloud technologies with a proven ability to readily acquire new skills, you might just be the person we are looking for!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited:
The Big Data Developer will act as a strategic and productive member to our organization and management through hands-on development of large-scale data processing pipelines. Team members work in a fast-paced environment delivering both tactical and strategic technology solutions.
- Join our teams focused on providing diagnostics and analytic systems.
- Envision and create data integration solutions that meet the requirements of the business.
- Create a flexible and sustainable Data Ingestion process to load data from our Data Lake to downstream Data Warehouse objects.
- Transform data to actionable insights through Data Modeling and advanced pattern matching techniques.
- Strong problem solver that detects and solves issues effectively.
Demonstrated interest in below fields :
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Interest in Analytics and Business Intelligence specifically data ingestion processes and technologies.
- Big Data & analytics ecosystem experience (e.g. HDFS, HDInsights, Kafka, Spark, Hive, …)
- Passionate about data, loves to find solutions to problems combing through data
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data transformation and data modelling techniques.
- SQL and NoSQL databases with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Building Data Pipelines in the Cloud (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Working with Data Science/Data Analytics
- Multi-discipline methodologies: e.g. Agile, Lean, Iterative, Waterfall, TDD
- Real-Time data ingestion and processing Event / streaming based ingestion experience