ABOUT DATACORE SOFTWARE
Our vision is to improve the performance and possibility of every business with real-time data. DataCore bridges the gap between the enterprise’s need to achieve real-time business and to leverage current and future IT assets to maximize resource utilization. We pioneered software-defined storage. Our patented technology overcomes I/O bottlenecks, delivering dramatic performance improvements, and delivers high availability in a very simple and cost-effective way. Over 10,000 deployments have the advantage of using DataCore.
- Faster workloads: Up to 5X increase in performance
- High availability: up to 100% reduction in storage-related downtime
- Lower TCO: up to 25% reduction in storage investment
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for Software Development Manger to help lead the delivery of DataCore‘s software solutions that supports organization strategy and vision, ensuring alignment between the technical solutions and the business needs. Ideal candidate will set the strategic direction and define the principles that shape our software development and technology adoption practices here at DataCore. As a leader in the development organization this person will be responsible building a culture that inspires technical experimentation and empowers our engineering teams to make sound technical and architectural decisions.
We operate in agile development environments, affording you a multidisciplinary interaction as well incremental feedback to provide the greatest value in our products. You will have an opportunity to make a difference and grow your skills and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, and lead software development team.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers.
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all projects.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Perform closely with Engineers, Developers and Product Management throughout organization to influence product development assisting or improving products.
- Learn and display as how products would add value to respective business.
- Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of apt business and personnel development goals.
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business with leadership chain, team and with customers.
- Manage and execute software development projects from beginning to finish.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members as well as hold regular team meetings.
- Evangelize the value proposition of the DataCore Software stack to broad technical and business audiences.
Skills and experience desired:
- 10-12+ years of experience in software development
- 2-5+ years experience managing and delivering enterprise class systems
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design - including leveraging emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle like Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, storage, networking)
- Ability to work across multiple technology stacks (.NET, C, C++, Python, etc.) and delivery models (SaaS, Hybrid Cloud, On Premise, etc.)
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Experience driving positive change in the team via process improvement
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach, inspire and mentor a team
- Experience setting goals and focusing on results
- Ability to be a leader within the team as well as someone who is able to represent the team within the company
- Ability to cultivate collaboration
- Proven track record of delivering scalable, efficient and reliable software services
- Understand technical risks / issues and assists with options to resolve / mitigate
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field